Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Summit League Championship Tourney

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/downloa...B_OEM_ID=18300

Here is the bracket. Going to be a fun Sunday night. I'll attend Saturday night as well. Looking forward to a great tourney! I grabbed the link to the bracket from teh UMKC site, if one in on the SDSU site please feel free to provide it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2010 Summit League Championship Tourney

My pick to win it is IUPUI....Jacks have fought hard this year, but I think the gas tank is about on empty. I am open to changing my mind at anytime though
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

One of my most anticipated weekends of the year. The wife knows she won't see too much of me for a few days and that I'll probably arrive home in via cab Sunday night. Of course, that is looking back to last year when we partied like crazy after the ORU win.

I think top seeds hold serve the first round...and all the way through. Most likely upsets are the 4/5 and 3/6 games. I think anything is possible in those games. Could you imagine ORU going home on the first day two years in a row after dominating this tourney for so long? I like the top 2 seeds, I picked IUPUI 2nd in the pre-season. I just feel Oakland has been waiting for this weekend since last year. They'll have the band and dancers and the memory of being just a few seconds, not to mention a couple shots (the off-balance shot by Woody and long three that went off back iron by JJ at the buzzer) away from the Big Dance fresh in their minds.

Comment

Also, the huge screen on loan from Daktronics won't be back this year. That was on loan and headed to it's home (Texas Stadium? ) after last years tourney. There will be something similiar, if only smaller.

What is your take? Will it be more or less attended than last year?

On one hand SDSU men are better....but the women are not at all a lock to make the Big Dance. The NDSU men go from being the heavy faves to a team hoping just to get one win. It was a new thing last year and both Dakota schools first years of NCAA eligibility. However, I'm positive that those who attended vowed to return every year and those that missed have heard how great it was and will want to be a part this year. Last year the Dakota schools both played on Saturday and they'll both play on Sunday this year. But, the weather last year was pretty lousy and kept some fans at home, especially the Fargo folks on Tuesday night.

I hope there isn't a big letdown this year or next. The fact that this is in our backyard is a huge bonus. We need to keep it here. Just imagine next year and the follwoing year(s) where we'll only be better, contenders, and how great it will be to be a top seed and play in SF. That's why we need to continue to support this thing. Show up.....for more than just the SDSU game.

Comment

I think the attendance will all be determined by the weather. I think the SDSU fans will show up regardless, but the curious local fan and the NDSU/SDSU fans that live farther away could easily decide not to come if the weather is iffy, especially now that the game is on TV in alot of places.

Current forecast is starting to mention a chance of rain/snow for this weekend, so its something people will have to watch.

Comment

Any chance we could get some SEC referees to officiate the Summit Tournament? I just watched the 2nd half of the Vanderbilt/Florida game and it wasn't a free throw contest (even in the final minutes)! The officials didn't call bumps that had no affect on the play fouls, didn't bail out offensive players diving into defenders standing straight up, and weren't assuming the offensive player got fouled when he got blocked (a.k.a. if they didn't see a foul, there wasn't one). I don't complain about the officials often, but maybe I have gotten use to poor officiating. This was the first non Summit League game I've watched in a while and it was refreshing to see a "flow" to the game.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I don't complain about the officials often, but maybe I have gotten use to poor officiating. This was the first non Summit League game I've watched in a while and it was refreshing to see a "flow" to the game.
              I thought the flow of the game was to run down the court and wait for a whistle. You can actually play a game where multiple trips up and down the court can take place without a whistle? I'm throwing the BS flag at that one.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Is anyone else happy about being in the same bracket as Oakland and not IUPUI. I really think that we match up better with Oakland than IUPUI. We have played them closer also. Originally I wanted to be the 3 seed, but now in hindsight I am happy that we are the 4 seed.

I also think Oral Roberts matches up better against IUPUI. They beat IUPUI in one game by one point and lost in OT the other game. If Oral Roberts and SDSU can pull off upsets then I think SDSU can beat Oral Roberts.

Anyway I think the brackets are set up in a good way and should be fun to watch it unfold.

Go Jacks!!!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  Is anyone else happy about being in the same bracket as Oakland and not IUPUI. I really think that we match up better with Oakland than IUPUI. We have played them closer also. Originally I wanted to be the 3 seed, but now in hindsight I am happy that we are the 4 seed.

I also think Oral Roberts matches up better against IUPUI. They beat IUPUI in one game by one point and lost in OT the other game. If Oral Roberts and SDSU can pull off upsets then I think SDSU can beat Oral Roberts.

Anyway I think the brackets are set up in a good way and should be fun to watch it unfold.

Go Jacks!!!
                  I agree, it is March and you never know what can happen.

Comment

I hope Benson has an awesome first round game if Oakland beats SDSU an wins the tournament.

Because then he can declare for the draft, get drafted, and leave Kampe with two big holes to fill next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                      I thought the flow of the game was to run down the court and wait for a whistle. You can actually play a game where multiple trips up and down the court can take place without a whistle? I'm throwing the BS flag at that one.
                      What is this "flow" of which you speak?

Sounds interesting. I've not seen any "flow" in Summit League games, men's or women's in... well... ever. I've seen a lot of free throw contests, though. Exciting stuff.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Because then he can declare for the draft, get drafted, and leave Kampe with two big holes to fill next year.
                          Center and piehole?
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

From the Tulsa paper

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...7_hThefr278420

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              I hope Benson has an awesome first round game if Oakland beats SDSU an wins the tournament.

Now this we can agree on :

Comment

Working...
                              X