IUPUI @ Frost gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPUI @ Frost gdt

It is Sr. night and the weather is great join me at Frost and then come to Cubby's for the Gabe Koenigsfeld Fundraiser

Re: IUPUI @ Frost gdt

Down 60-70 with three and a half, thought I'd post to make sure the site is actually working.

Comment

Defense was awful tonight. I thought we should have tried a zone because they were just destroying us in the paint. Young was excellent as was Sargeant and Wolters. Wolters is so good. I can't wait to see how good he is in 3 years.

IUPUI is just a horrible match-up. They were so much more athletic.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Jacks were simply outmatched tonight. Physically IUPUI is simply athletic. To anyone sitting near me tonight - "I apoligize" - I've turned into my father, just like he turned into his father. In the refs defense - they were bad in both directions.

IUPUI coach burned more calories than 3 of his starters - he is something else!

Tourney time - Bring it on!!!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

One thing I was waiting for all night was the refs telling UIPUI's coach to get off the court. In the first half, there were a couple of times Jacks players almost ran into him.

I agree with the mis-match comment. IUPUI is tall team wise, with 6 of the 7 listed as getting minutes at 6'5" to 6'7". Their first step is so quick, especially for Glenn and Young. Don't like their players attitudes. Some real sloppy passes and defense lapses but the guys busted their arses.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Yeah, I don't know who spent more time on the playing court - their coach or the refs combined. I don't know how the Bison faithful got his attention Thursday night. Must have been because they started during the National Anthem, when Coach Hunter wasn't on the court yet.

Comment

Unimpressive end to the season considering the final five games or so. We'll have to play much better in the tourney to make any noise. Again...other teams don't care about our bad luck in recent years. None will take pity. We need to learn to dig deep...something I'm not certain we know how to do. We've made some progress this year, but have a lot of work left.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                One thing I was waiting for all night was the refs telling UIPUI's coach to get off the court. In the first half, there were a couple of times Jacks players almost ran into him.

I agree with the mis-match comment. IUPUI is tall team wise, with 6 of the 7 listed as getting minutes at 6'5" to 6'7". Their first step is so quick, especially for Glenn and Young. Don't like their players attitudes. Some real sloppy passes and defense lapses but the guys busted their arses.
                Did this all the time vs. NDSU and I'm sure he does it every game. No big deal if a coach does it every once and awhile and also if they have a foot on the court but he is blatantly on the court sometimes even close to the players.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                  Did this all the time vs. NDSU and I'm sure he does it every game. No big deal if a coach does it every once and awhile and also if they have a foot on the court but he is blatantly on the court sometimes even close to the players.
                  Hey thats his style of coaching. Should he pull it in so that NDSU people can heckle him more? Whose is more important to the IUPUI team the coach or a few rude NDSU people like yourself? Coach Hunter has not forgotten about the few rude punks at NDSU. Terry V asked about the incident during his press conference and he did mention the neighborhood idiots and I think we all know who he was referring too.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                    The Jacks were simply outmatched tonight. Physically IUPUI is simply athletic. To anyone sitting near me tonight - "I apoligize" - I've turned into my father, just like he turned into his father. In the refs defense - they were bad in both directions.

IUPUI coach burned more calories than 3 of his starters - he is something else!

Tourney time - Bring it on!!!! Go Jacks!!!
                    I agree. The Jacks are simply over matched vs IUPUI. Far to many athletes to try and defend. In my opinion two completely different types of teams - Jacks and IUPUI. Jacks try to play team BB but as I see it IUPUI plays more of an NBA style game. Give the ball to one of your athletes and let him try and beat his defender one on one. I for one would not at all be surprised if IUPUI wins the Summit Tournament.

All in all a respectable season for our men. Good luck in the Summit tourney.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Hey thats his style of coaching.
                      Since I'm the one who made mention first to the coach being on the court and not ndsubison1, I should have been the one called out. Did you happen to notice when his team was on offense on his end of the court, he wasn't as far out on the court as when the Jacks were on that end?

And I totally agree with Chains reference to IUPUI's offense. It really is centered around individual play at times, esp second half. First half they abused our second player coming over to help on defense. Second half, it was let's see if I can beat my player to the basket.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Since I'm the one who made mention first to the coach being on the court and not ndsubison1, I should have been the one called out. Did you happen to notice when his team was on offense on his end of the court, he wasn't as far out on the court as when the Jacks were on that end?

And I totally agree with Chains reference to IUPUI's offense. It really is centered around individual play at times, esp second half. First half they abused our second player coming over to help on defense. Second half, it was let's see if I can beat my player to the basket.
                        I realize, we should follow rules, but I tend to think Hunter is pushing the envolpe to the fullest, and waiting to hear complaints from those who count in this matter, like Douple and I would hope the AD would make the complaint known to the Commish, but sometimes, making a stink about a small thing brings up other things were SDSU is not in compliances. So not a big deal as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I realize, we should follow rules, but I tend to think Hunter is pushing the envolpe to the fullest, and waiting to hear complaints from those who count in this matter, like Douple and I would hope the AD would make the complaint known to the Commish, but sometimes, making a stink about a small thing brings up other things were SDSU is not in compliances. So not a big deal as far as I am concerned.
                          I'm not saying this affected the outcome of the game (and you didn't either), but when a Jacks player has to run around Hunter because he is out on the court (Clint had to do this), the refs need to tell him to get off the court. He must be aware he's doing it if he isn't out as far when his team is on offense. If the teams are on the other end of the floor, I could care less.

Comment

I give IUPUI credit for last night. They are the best team in the conference IMHO. I'm glad they will be in the other bracket in SF.

We gave up way to many easy baskets last night. A lot of that is due to their athleticism. I'd sure like to see our opponents pay a little bit of a price for taking it to the bucket. Nothing dirty but good, hard fouls. We had so mant soft fouls close to the basket. If we are going to foul then make it a hard foul and prevent the player from getting the shot off.

My feeling about the tourney is still the same. We can play with anyone in the conference but it needs to be a consistent effort from the tip to the final buzzer.

Looking forward to it!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm not saying this affected the outcome of the game (and you didn't either), but when a Jacks player has to run around Hunter because he is out on the court (Clint had to do this), the refs need to tell him to get off the court. He must be aware he's doing it if he isn't out as far when his team is on offense. If the teams are on the other end of the floor, I could care less.
                              We just need to do what Jason Kidd did the other night to the Atlanta coach--just run right into him. Got at technical called on the coach. (Of course Kidd was dribbling the ball at the time . . . )
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X