Anthony Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Tucker

With Anthony Tucker being released from scholarship at Univ. of Iowa today, I'm curious if the board considers him a transfer option and if he'd add value to the SDSU lineup in 2011-12.

I think if he came our way that he would make a solid replacement after Clint graduates..

Thoughts?

Re: Anthony Tucker

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    With Anthony Tucker being released from scholarship at Univ. of Iowa today, I'm curious if the board considers him a transfer option and if he'd add value to the SDSU lineup in 2011-12.

I think if he came our way that he would make a solid replacement after Clint graduates..

Thoughts?
    Welcome aboard! I thought Anthony Tucker played for the Jacks from '89-'91
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Think he could help?

Comment

Sadly, it sounds like Mr. Tucker has some issues to take care of before he thinks about a new venue for playing basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post

Thoughts?
          I'm not sure Mr. Tucker fits in with our program's philosophy but I don't decide that. Seems talented on the court but appears to have some issues off the court.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with Jack MD - I don't know that he fits the mold of student athlete that we are looking for. I am all for giving kids more than one chance - because, be honest - they are still kids. However, if someone were interested, you have to dig a little deeper than the allegations or charges in the kid's rap sheet.

Something I would find more interesting would be someone like Colton Iverson, whose playing time is maybe not what he was expecting from his experience. (I don't know that is the case, Jack MD can likely speak with more familiarity, but he was higher profile coming out of HS and he seems to have now disappeared amongst a mediocre team)

Could someone like that step out of a higher profile, BCS or bigger conference school and make an immediate impact with the Jacks? I believe so. Get to work MD - make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Welcome aboard! I thought Anthony Tucker played for the Jacks from '89-'91
              Thats the first thing that i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I agree with Jack MD - I don't know that he fits the mold of student athlete that we are looking for. I am all for giving kids more than one chance - because, be honest - they are still kids. However, if someone were interested, you have to dig a little deeper than the allegations or charges in the kid's rap sheet.

Something I would find more interesting would be someone like Colton Iverson, whose playing time is maybe not what he was expecting from his experience. (I don't know that is the case, Jack MD can likely speak with more familiarity, but he was higher profile coming out of HS and he seems to have now disappeared amongst a mediocre team)

Could someone like that step out of a higher profile, BCS or bigger conference school and make an immediate impact with the Jacks? I believe so. Get to work MD - make it happen!
                Not to continue a thread drift, but I've wondered the same about Colton Iverson. I've never heard of or seen this Tucker kid play, nor do I know about his off the court issues that got him released from the team.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post

I've visited with Chuck (Colton's dad) about this. Colton was very interested in NDSU, Colorado St, and SDSU. Then, he had such a great summer between his Jr and Sr years at Yankton and the Big 12, SEC and Big 10 came a knockin. Billy Donovan, Tubby, etc.. they all made trips to Yankton. Colton could not turn down the opportunity to play for a coach who has won an NCAA chamionship at a school that wants to get to the top.

I have not talked to Chuck in awhile. I will be attending the Mount Marty game next Saturday as a "corporate sponsor", I'll visit with Chuck then, maybe Colton's name will come up. I certainly won't be advocating for SDSU, just conversation.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X