NDSU TV information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU TV information

Just talked to Tyler Merriam. Sounds like Midcontinent is really going to do a great job with the game production Saturday. First, they put the high camera on the correct side of the arena, with a view of the benches, scorer's table and student section (and the SD at center court will be right-side-up). They have something like eight cameras on site, which is similar to what might see at a regional ESPN broadcast. Tyler said they've also done some really well-produced interviews with AJ and Nagy and a bunch of players.

This is how it's supposed to be done.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: NDSU TV information

I've heard rumbling, there is big push for midco to televise all SDSU home games. Has anyone else heard this?

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
      I've heard rumbling, there is big push for midco to televise all SDSU home games. Has anyone else heard this?

I have...I have!!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I'm guessing Midcontinent sees this as an audition for that possibility. I have also heard they may broadcast the Summit Tournament, but only in markets more than 100 miles outside of Sioux Falls. That would be a great opportunity for people in Rapid City and Aberdeen, for example, to watch SDSU in the tournament.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I'm guessing Midcontinent sees this as an audition for that possibility. I have also heard they may broadcast the Summit Tournament, but only in markets more than 100 miles outside of Sioux Falls. That would be a great opportunity for people in Rapid City and Aberdeen, for example, to watch SDSU in the tournament.
          From what i've heard this is a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
            From what i've heard this is a done deal.
            I have heard the same.

Comment

So is the consensus that the NDSU games will be on midcontinent for midcontinent users only? Or is it going to be on a local station? Or how is it going to work?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                So is the consensus that the NDSU games will be on midcontinent for midcontinent users only? Or is it going to be on a local station? Or how is it going to work?
                It's on Midcontinent and Mediacom systems around the state and the region. I know the Mediacom Channel is channel 10 in Brookings. Maybe Midcontinent subscribers can post what channel the games are on in their communities.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Midcontinent is 23 in Sioux Falls

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Midco is also 23 in Yankton.

Comment

The name of the channel that Midco does sports on is Midco23. It is on channel 23 on all Midco cable systems.

Comment

Since I will not be making it up to Brookings tonight and I don't believe this game will make it to our Alliance Communications cable here in Brandon, has anyone heard of a gathering at any Sioux Falls watering hole to take in the game? If not, does anyone care to start one?

Coming in from Brandon, Buffalo Wild Wings is convenient for me, but I'm willing to go almost anywhere that would put the game up on the big screen.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

For us internet only watchers, are they using the Midcontinental Feed/announcers, or do we get the typical 3 camera/Tyler then Steve call tonight?

Comment

I was just reminded by a friend that Nutty's North is again working with SDSU to provide pre-game gatherings before SDSU games in the Summit League tournament coming up. Given that, I think that I will head over there tonight. I haven't called and verified but was told that they would put the game up on the tube if requested.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              I was just reminded by a friend that Nutty's North is again working with SDSU to provide pre-game gatherings before SDSU games in the Summit League tournament coming up. Given that, I think that I will head over there tonight. I haven't called and verified but was told that they would put the game up on the tube if requested.
                              Not sure if Rookies will have the game but if they get it they'll have it on. I was over there for the game @ Oral Roberts they had it on. A few Jack fans scattered here and there cheering on the men that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X