Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rather be 3rd or 4th seed at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rather be 3rd or 4th seed at this point?

looking at the way the Summit standings are right now, I really think we would be better off with the 4th seed. Here's what the tournament scenario would look like at this point baring no upsets:

Quarterfinals
    1 Oakland VS 8 Centenary
    2 IUPUI VS 7 UMKC
    3Oral Roberts VS 6 North Dakota State
    4 South Dakota State 5 IPFW

Semifinals:
    1 Oakland VS 4 South Dakota State
    2 IUPUI VS 3 Oral Roberts

Finals
    2 IUPUI VS 4 South Dakota State

Now IMO, i would much rather have this be the case then go from NDSU, to IUPUI to make it to the finals. I just think beating Oakland and IPFW would be easier..but thats just me.

Re: rather be 3rd or 4th seed at this point?

Originally posted by SoDakState View Post
    looking at the way the Summit standings are right now, I really think we would be better off with the 4th seed. Here's what the tournament scenario would look like at this point baring no upsets:

Quarterfinals
    1 Oakland VS 8 Centenary
    2 IUPUI VS 7 UMKC

Semifinals:
    1 Oakland VS 4 South Dakota State
    2 IUPUI VS 3 Oral Roberts

Finals
    2 IUPUI VS 4 South Dakota State

Now IMO, i would much rather have this be the case then go from NDSU, to IUPUI to make it to the finals. I just think beating Oakland and IPFW would be easier..but thats just me.
    I think this year it depends a lot on how teams are playing at the end of the year. SDSU is showing signs of peaking at the right time--while Oakland seems to have hit a bit of a bit of a rough patch, for instance.

The strict seeding number might not be quite as important this year as the matchups of who's playing well vs. who isn't come tournament time.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree with Filbert, however you really won't know until probably the last weekend to see if a team is really struggling, and by then the seeds will have be much more likely to be set. So, how about winning out and take what we get.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        I agree with Filbert, however you really won't know until probably the last weekend to see if a team is really struggling, and by then the seeds will have be much more likely to be set. So, how about winning out and take what we get.
        Give me Oral or give me the Grizzlies and let things land where they may!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We'll take ORU, I want to send Kevin "the mouth" Ford and ORU back to Tulsa early.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            We'll take ORU, I want to send Kevin "the mouth" Ford and ORU back to Tulsa early.
            From last years summit tourney, when many NDSU fans I think mostly students were cheering for Jarvis and ORU instead of us, really showed the dynamic layout of confrence and fansbase support. As much as I dont want to like NDSU id rather they win the have to cheer for a ORU or for the most part any other summit team. Maybe centenary being the underdog or something.

Ndsu can have them expect we can atleast beat them. Wait i didnt mean that as smack, i mean, you guys can beat other teams we struggle some with yet we do rather well against ORU.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If I would have been there I wouldn't have cheered for ORU, and I can't explain the logic behind those Bison fans that did.

But seriously, after our game in Fargo Kevin Ford called NDSU's 2008-2009 team a "fluke" in the postgame presser and cried about how we got lucky to beat God's gift to basketball that is ORU last year.

Even though I respect Sutton a great deal, I would like nothing more than to be the team that sends ORU back to Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                If I would have been there I wouldn't have cheered for ORU, and I can't explain the logic behind those Bison fans that did.

But seriously, after our game in Fargo Kevin Ford called NDSU's 2008-2009 team a "fluke" in the postgame presser and cried about how we got lucky to beat God's gift to basketball that is ORU last year.

Even though I respect Sutton a great deal, I would like nothing more than to be the team that sends ORU back to Tulsa.
                i can explain that logic. i would have preferred to play an ORU team in the finals than a packed crowd of sdsu fans

Comment

win every game and let the pieces fall as they do and then win every game in the conference. Right?

Comment

Looking very much like we'll play IPFW. They are playing some very good ball as of late. The next option would be to play NDSU. Obviously I'll take IPFW. Just wish we didn't have to play Oakland in the semi's.

Oh well....just our 2nd year of eligibility. It will happen...soon.

Comment

ideally for the tourney, itd be nice to get sdsu to 3rd and ndsu to 5th. Dont you all agree on that?

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                        ideally for the tourney, itd be nice to get sdsu to 3rd and ndsu to 5th. Dont you all agree on that?
                        Agree 100%.

I think in their perfect worl the SFSA would have SDSU as the #2 seed. That means SDSU plays the second game on Saturay night, meaning alot of SDSU fans would show up for the first game, just to get good seats. It also means that SDSU has a good team, which will make the people turn out and more than likely means SDSU would advance at least to the semi's on Monday night (first game).

The SFSA would also like NDSU as the #3 seed. That would mean they play the second game on Sunday night, again having Bison fans show up during the first game to get seats. With this scenario the first four games are darn near full. NDSU most likely wins Meaning they play the second game Monday night.

Now you are looking at both Dakota teams playing on Monday, meaning for the third straight day the Arena is packed and there is a good chance of one or both going to the title game on Tuesday.

Adding USD only throws another Dakota school in the mix. I believe one day three Dakota schools may very well be in the top 4 or 5 of the Summit....let's just hope it's while the tourney is in the Dakota's.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakState View Post

Quarterfinals
                          1 Oakland VS 8 Centenary
                          2 IUPUI VS 7 UMKC
                          Centenary isn't eligible (NCAA). So it will be Southern Utah or Western Illinois.

Comment

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather play Oakland than IUPUI. I really feel like IUPUI is the better team, just not as deep.

Looking forward to the tourney, I really feel like anything can happen and the Jacks have a decent shot at it.

Comment

Honestly I don't know who I would rather play at this point. Ask me after the game Saturday and then again after the IUPUI game.

If the Bison jinx continues Saturday (god help this board if it does) obviously IPFW is the preferred first round matchup. No smack intended, but I think IPFW is a better team than NDSU, but 8 straight losses which could be 9 doesn't bode well mentally. A large home court advantage over IPFW is the better play.

As for #3 or #4 seed to either play Oakland or IUPUI in the second round, I don't know until I see IUPUI play at Frost. Remember, Oakland kicked the crap out of the Jacks last year in front of the home court advantage at the Arena, but that was with Kangas. IUPUI is darn good at home, but tend to be good at best on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X