Umkc gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Umkc gdt

And like that, Jacks slam the door with authority. 78-57, 53 seconds to go . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      And like that, Jacks slam the door with authority. 78-57, 53 seconds to go . .
      And that's your final.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Up to date standings:
        Oakland 12-1 (18-8)
        IUPUI 10-2 (17-8)
        SDSU 9-4 (13-11)
        ORU 9-4 (14-11)
        IPFW 6-7 (11-12)
        NDSU 6-7 (9-14)
        UMKC 4-8 (10-13)
        Centenary 3-10 (8-16)
        WIU 2-10 (9-14)
        SUU 2-10 (6-17)

Comment

UMKC coach Matt Brown:

I never thought we got into a rhythm, I like the way our guys competed until the end.

Second half, we just tried to gut it out there, I told the guys that they want to give it to us, but at the end I have to give it to them, they played a good game.

Cordova played a good game.

Tonight wasn't one of our better efforts.

(Pretty lame interview, really, compared to Nagy after a big loss, IMHO)
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Cool postgame moment...AC (Anthony Cordova) brings his son Jayden along for the postgame conversation with Steve Imming. Was his 2nd birthday today.
            AC talked about some of the team coming over to his place for cake and ice cream...watch a movie and hang out after a win.
            I like this team...and like our future....good win AC!!!

Comment

Griff's best game. He looked to shoot and he did it well. Just an all-around good game for him. Only negative I have about the game is being out-rebounded. Low amount of turnovers for the team, good outside shooting, got the ball inside. Didn't really think #15 for them should have got his 5th foul for the drive. It was great to see as a Jacks fan, but I thought Griff was moving a little too much. Oh well, it worked out for us. Very nice game Jacks!!!
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                Griff's best game. He looked to shoot and he did it well. Just an all-around good game for him. Only negative I have about the game is being out-rebounded. Low amount of turnovers for the team, good outside shooting, got the ball inside. Didn't really think #15 for them should have got his 5th foul for the drive. It was great to see as a Jacks fan, but I thought Griff was moving a little too much. Oh well, it worked out for us. Very nice game Jacks!!!
                Great pork sandwiches, two wins going away, and a about 2 seconds of face time for my dad and I on KDLT Sports.

Not a bad night at all!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Thinking back to my previous post, I really didn't stress how nice it was to see the ball movement. Worst move was UMKC going zone trap. With the outside shooters the Jacks have, I really don't think I would have picked that defense. Sure he was having to deal with players in foul trouble, but the Jacks were shooting the ball nice from outside tonight. Extra passes and good player movement helped too. The guys looked really good.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    UMKC coach Matt Brown:

I never thought we got into a rhythm, I like the way our guys competed until the end.

Second half, we just tried to gut it out there, I told the guys that they want to give it to us, but at the end I have to give it to them, they played a good game.

Cordova played a good game.

Tonight wasn't one of our better efforts.

(Pretty lame interview, really, compared to Nagy after a big loss, IMHO)
                    We've gotten to hear some pretty interesting interviews with coach Nagy during his tenure at SDSU. A lot of coaches use cliche after cliche, he pretty much puts it all out there. I like that, and it makes for interesting video and news articles from TV the next day.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                      You could tell after Griff hit that first trey that he was feeling it and looked to shoot every time he touched it (if he was open). FWIW, I was about 8 feet away from the charge and the UMKC guy really dropped his shoulder into Grif.

Anyway, good for Grif. If he can hit the trey consistently in the future we will really, really benefit. Imagine the two brothers coming off the bench and having to respect both of them from behind the arc.

Comment

Also, I thought the crowd was good (figured it would be b/c of the doubleheader) even though the roads up and back were awful. Saw A TON of cars in the ditch. What is it w/ bad weather the night of Jacks home games? Unreal.

Comment

In Naggy's interniew on WNAX he said that we've had several of these games where we lead but are never really able to shut the door and are not really happy. But he said that's when you know you're getting where you want to be when you can win and not be happy with how you played.

He also noted that its they guys that know they didn't play well. He doesn't have to say anything.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                          X