Summit League Tournament tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament tickets

Question for those who went last year....is there anyway to get around the ridiculous convience charge for the tickets? I can understand the 6 dollar facility charge, but a SIXTEEN DOLLAR convience charge? Really? By the time we get our 3 tickets, thats 48 bucks! That's a lot of gas.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Summit League Tournament tickets

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Question for those who went last year....is there anyway to get around the ridiculous convience charge for the tickets? I can understand the 6 dollar facility charge, but a SIXTEEN DOLLAR convience charge? Really? By the time we get our 3 tickets, thats 48 bucks! That's a lot of gas.
    They are $95 each at the window at the arena. I don't know if that includes a convienence charge or not. If it doesn't, then is it worth the time to drive to SF to get them?

Comment

I believe the single session tickets go on sale on Monday. Those may not sell as hot as last year because we all knew the Jacks women's team was going to be the #1 seed. It's really up in the air right now what session either men's or women's teams are going to be playing in. Might sell a good number of title game tickets right away, but session tickets, probably not likely, IMO.

Comment

I thought there were two levels of tickets: $89 and $64. The facility charge of $6 is added to all tickets. If you buy at the arena ticket office, it should be $95 and $70.

Ticketmaster adds an additional $16 if you order from them.

I hate Ticketmaster.

Comment

"is it worth the drive to sf"....

You're damn right it's worth the drive to SF....saves us 48 bucks...and gives us the satisfaction of not giving a ridiculous amount of $$$ to ticketmaster.

I could understand a 5 dollar "convience" charge maybe, but 16 bucks?

What the frack?
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I thought there were two levels of tickets: $89 and $64. The facility charge of $6 is added to all tickets. If you buy at the arena ticket office, it should be $95 and $70.

Ticketmaster adds an additional $16 if you order from them.

I hate Ticketmaster.
            I ordered 20 ticket packages at that $16 convenience charge, that made me cringe but it also allowed me to work that day, I came out ahead. Plus, I charged them all to my Cabela's card so I racked up some points. Kept 6 tickets for myself and sold the rest at face value.

What drives me nuts is the fact that the best seats are still not available. I don't understand how they decide that.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If you know someone in Sioux Falls who is in the vicinity of the Arena during regular business hours...probably your best bet to have something to say about seat location. They can purchase tickets and pick seats.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                If you know someone in Sioux Falls who is in the vicinity of the Arena during regular business hours...probably your best bet to have something to say about seat location. They can purchase tickets and pick seats.
                Yep. My dad and brother went to SF today and got our tickets...they were able to pick where we sit. We decided on 3 seast in Section R (which is actually Centenary's allotted section) Row 11. I imagine there we approximately 0 Centenary fans in the arena.

Looking very forward to the tournament.

Comment

Yep. My dad and brother went to SF today and got our tickets...they were able to pick where we sit. We decided on 3 seast in Section R (which is actually Centenary's allotted section) Row 11. I imagine there we approximately 0 Centenary fans in the arena.

Looking very forward to the tournament.

Nothing against you Rowdy, of course, but this is a Crock of S#$T. I go a day after the "full session passes" are on sale and can barely get seats more then 15 rows up on the 2nd level, but there are people getting tickets now that aren't full session passes that are much better.

Again...what a Crock, and it's something that whoever's running this tournament better figure out!! At this point I will be finding a better way to spend my $180 next year.

Go Jacks!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Nothing against you Rowdy, of course, but this is a Crock of S#$T. I go a day after the "full session passes" are on sale and can barely get seats more then 15 rows up on the 2nd level, but there are people getting tickets now that aren't full session passes that are much better.

Again...what a Crock, and it's something that whoever's running this tournament better figure out!! At this point I will be finding a better way to spend my $180 next year.

Go Jacks!

why does it matter if you are row 11 or row 15? you are there, isnt that the whole point? are you going to see more from row 11 than row 15? i ordered mine on ticketmaster the day the full session passes could be ordered. im in row 8.

Comment

Go Jacks!
                      I'm with you. It seems foolish to wait online to order only to find out later that better seats are available. A few rows don't matter but if you are placed way out on the end like we were last year and are again this year it stinks. A good portion of seats on the sides are behind one of the baskets and that blows, no way around it.

The current system isn't right, there is no way around that.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Go Jacks!
                        It does seem odd, that's for sure. I'm just glad we got them for 90 bucks, instead of 106 (bypassing the ridiculous 16 dollar ticketmaster ripoff charge).

Comment

It does seem odd, that's for sure. I'm just glad we got them for 90 bucks, instead of 106 (bypassing the ridiculous 16 dollar ticketmaster ripoff charge).
                          You're just pissing me off now. Good for you though. It will be fun regardless. Got a couple of suites at the Ramada, grandparents coming to watch my kids, it will be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            You're just pissing me off now. Good for you though. It will be fun regardless. Got a couple of suites at the Ramada, grandparents coming to watch my kids, it will be a blast.
                            Hehe...sorry! I oughta buy my dad lunch for running down there today!

Comment

(bypassing the ridiculous 16 dollar ticketmaster ripoff charge).
                              Josh Weinstein (filbert and others may remember him as the original Tom Servo) had this tweet on the TicketMaster/Live Nation merger:

Justice Dept. OK'd merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation today and were immediately charged a $3M "convenience fee" by the new company.

Comment

Working...
                              X