Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs Denver

Originally posted by jackmd

Screw you.  You have very little positive to say.  Take that for what its worth and PM me if you have a problem.

That's too funny. JackMD's previous posts are all very negative. "Embarrasing"; "We won't win another game, and that's a fact"; In fact he's been posting all negative things about Jacks Mens BB for awhile now. Then he tells someone else they have very little positive to say. Real smart.

Comment

You know guys and gals its almost Christmas and we won a very exciting game last Saturday night. I think we need to not worry or take personal what others have said this past week.

To put my actions where my mouth is I am offically apologizing to  TK22687. I may not agree with him and in anger I sent him an unkind IM which I also apologize for. I think the team is making progesss and lets move on. Be civil to one and other and enjoy being a Jack fan.

Jack No 1 fan take on this game was accurate. It was one of the most exciting ending of games we have seen in years.  Lets enjoy it and lets win again tonight.

Comment

Amen, brother!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
          You know guys and gals its almost Christmas and we won a very exciting game last Saturday night. I think we need to not worry or take personal what others have said this past week.

To put my actions where my mouth is I am offically apologizing to  TK22687. I may not agree with him and in anger I sent him an unkind IM which I also apologize for. I think the team is making progesss and lets move on. Be civil to one and other and enjoy being a Jack fan.

Jack No 1 fan take on this game was accurate. It was one of the most exciting ending of games we have seen in years.  Lets enjoy it and lets win again tonight.
          I accept your apology SDSUFAN. However, I need to extend an olive branch of my own as a ton of blame for our little spat can be blamed on me. I apologize as well.

The last IM you sent me was pure class, and it is definitely time to "bury the hatchet".

Comment

Thanks Tk

Most on here that know me probably wonder why a guy on SS would act as he does at various times. I wonder that too. ;D ;D

Comment

I need to and did apologize to Mitchell. I must say I was in a bit of a "dark" place that day.

As for the negative tone to my posts about the men's BB team. I am trying to "keep it real". My point (overblown perhaps) is that this team has potential but that expectations have been too great. At least the reflection in the posts on this board seem to reflect too great an expectation level.

I was caught up in the Denver game and got a little emotional, I can deal with that. I'll try not to let it happen again, but I suspect it will.

Don't let it offend anyone too deeply.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo

jackmd...serisously, I know Mitchell rabbit, and you have no clue.  You are about the most negative guy on this board.  Read through the posts a bit, and you'll see.  Whenever the Jacks are up, you are a fan, but you are mostly talking **** against them when they are losing...yet you call out another fan when what he says is correct???

P.S. Go Jacks!
                Can you say back-peddling? Thats all I can do. As I said in my previous post, I can't defend what I said in the spur of the moment.

As for any question regarding my allegiance to SDSU, there is no question. I will be critical on this fan board when I want and answer those who have different opinions. Disagreement, however, should not lead to anger when discussing a topic most of us agree on. We wish SDSU nothing but success.

To clarify, I was wrong and I accept the blame and I ask for a chance to earn forgiveness.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

jackmd, It's all good. I sent you a pm. Sorry, I shouldn't have even been in the middle of it.

Go Jacks!

Comment

I don't know if Denver will be taking a trip through the Dakotas in the near future. NDSU just beat them 79-66.;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                      I don't know if Denver will be taking a trip through the Dakotas in the near future. NDSU just beat them 79-66.;D ;D
                      Way to go Bison, you guys have been playing some good ball. Just need to learn how to play with those big leads you seem to get every game

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

Way to go Bison, you guys have been playing some good ball.  Just need to learn how to play with those big leads you seem to get every game  

LOL- If big leads were candy and nuts, the Bison season so far would be really sweet. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                          I am in the Fargo area until Christmas so am going to go the Bison Sports Arena ticket office and see what I can get for Jan 14 game between SDSU-NDSU. I think its going to sell out.

Also listen to last night's game and I must admit the Bison seem to be further along than SDSU at this point.
                          The five red shirt freshmen are really playing good ball for NDSU, and they handled a very good DU team in good fashion. They got a 10 to 12 point lead early in the first half and held it the rest of the game. Porch and Walker were not getting their buckets like they did in Brookings. I don't know if that because the Bison D was better or these two DU guys were having an off night.

Also the crowd was very much into the game. So Jack Fans, I dont think we can count a Bison win until the buzzer on Jan 14th and we got more points on the board.

DU has to be a down in spirits after losing two on the road which they probably felt they would win.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

I am in the Fargo area until Christmas so am going to go the Bison Sports Arena ticket office and see what I can get for Jan 14 game between SDSU-NDSU. I think its going to sell out.

Also listen to last night's game and I must admit the Bison seem to be further along than SDSU at this point.
                            The five red shirt freshmen are really playing good ball for NDSU, and they handled a very good DU team in good fashion. They got a 10 to 12 point lead early in the first half and held it the rest of the game. Porch and Walker were not getting their buckets like they did in Brookings. I don't know if that because the Bison D was better or these two DU guys were having an off night.

Also the crowd was very much into the game. So Jack Fans, I dont think we can count a Bison win until the buzzer on Jan 14th and we got more points on the board.

DU has to be a down in spirits after losing two on the road which they probably felt they would win.
                            The Denver games in the Dakotas wind up being "statement games" for both SDSU and NDSU.

Maybe we should add the Sun Belt to the list of conferences we want to get into. After all, we just handed the pre-season conference favorite two road losses . . . ;D

(What the heck, add some seating to Coughlin, upgrade to I-A and join the Sun Belt in all sports!)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

http://denverpioneers.collegesports....121005aab.html

Pioneers give one away, 81-78
                              DU falls in Overtime to SDSU

Dec. 10, 2005

BROOKINGS, S.D. - Matt Cadwell's 3-pointer at the buzzer in overtime lifted the South Dakota State Jackrabbits to an 81-78 victory over the Denver Pioneers on Saturday at Frost Arena in Brookings, S.D. The Jacks sent the game into overtime off a 3-pointer by Andy Kleinjan at the end of regulation. Junior guard DaShawn Walker (Chicago, Ill.) led the way 23 points and 11 rebounds and junior forward Antonio Porch (Denver, Colo.) added 25 points and eight rebounds but it was not enough as the Pioneers fell to 5-2 while the Jacks improve to 2-7.

The Pioneers jumped out to a 7-3 lead off a driving-layup by Porch despite two fouls on senior center Yemi Nicholson (Aurora, Colo.) in the first three minutes. Four more Porch points extended DU's lead to six but a quick 4-0 run by SDSU made the score 13-11 at the 11:43 mark of the first half.

Denver's advantage grew to 22-15 after senior guard Andrew Carpenter (Toronto, Ontario) made 2-of-3 free throws after being fouled while taking a 3-pointer at the 7:42 mark. Five consecutive points by Walker gave DU a nine-point margin 32-23 with 4:57 remaining in the half. The Pioneers held a 35-27 advantage at half time despite Nicholson only playing two minutes due to foul trouble.

DU opened the second half with a 9-2 run to build a 44-29 lead with 15:55 remaining in the game. The Jacks got back into the game and closed the gap to 48-38 at the 11:28 mark off five-consecutive points by Matt Cadwell. The lead grew back to 11 but a desperate 3-pointer by Eric Heien with 7:08 remaining cut the margin to 54-46.

The teams traded buckets but a layup by Walker gave DU a 63-53 advantage with only 3:34 left in the contest. Denver was up 69-62 with 50 seconds remaining but fell apart. The Jacks ended the game with an 8-1 run which included Kleinjan's three.

No team was up by more than three in overtime and the Jacks got the last shot. A shot they made.

The Pioneers made 47.5 percent (29-61) of their field goals and outrebounded the Jacks 42-41.

David Kummer (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) added 11 points and seven rebounds for the Denver. Nicholson had a season-low eight points.

DU continues their five-game road trip at North Dakota State on Tues., Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. MT. The game can be heard live on KCKK AM 1600 and DenverPioneers.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X