No announcement yet.

Oakland at ORU is also on TV tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland at ORU is also on TV tonight...

7:00 Midcontinent Channel 316
    They cover alot of ORU home games....even show The ORU Report a half hour prior. Tune in to see what's going on with God's gift to the Summit.

Re: Oakland at ORU is also on TV tonight...

Anyone catch the attendance of the ORU/Oakland game last night?

I'm preparing to throw my BullS#$t flag, considering there was A LOT of yellow chairbacks.

I know I'm kind of throwing stones from a glass house here considering our Men's attendance has been poor IMO, but it really chaps my ass when some of these conference mates throw around 3-4-5K attendance figures and there's maybe 1K actually at the game. Also...it's freaking Oakland...can there be a bigger intra-conference rival for ORU???

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

DO NOT bring this up to ORU people. Soar subject number 112 with them. I posed this question to them in a sincere manner and many jumped all over me. They count tickets sold, not butts in seats. Pretty common practice around the country actually. But yes, their tickets sold versus butts in seats isn't even close. Tulsa is a god sized city and I imagine cooperate support as well as rich alum support is pretty good. No surprise they can sell 4,000 tix and only get 1/4 of those to show up.

Mabee Center seats like 10,500. I think the lower bowl seats like 7k. But I have never seen a game there draw alot of fans yet (just from the 5-6 I've watched on TV. They are playing the U of Tulsa at Mabee and I guess it's close to selling out.

Comment

They will really hate the Dakotas when USD and UND come to the league, when our fanbase gets more familiar w/ Summit foes and when we start winning more and start putting more people in the seats than them.

On another note.....Oakland big Benson is projected to go late first round. I think it's a no brainer and he could actually go before that. He really outplayed Aldrich of KU (projected lottery pick) and he's a legit 6'11, a great shot blocker and very athletic. I think not only can he play in the NBA but he can more than likely be a contributor. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a half year to a couple years in the NBDL. I think he leaves after this year. I wonder if he knows this March will not be the last tiem he sets foot on the SF Arena floor.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          . . .Tulsa is a god sized city. . .
          You could have meant "good sized city" or, I suppose, "God-sized city" but the latter is exceptionally smacky.

I'll go with the former interpretation and chuckle at the mis-typing . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oops, my bad. Typo.

Comment

Working...
            X