This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great WHITE North...

The following is a post made by an ORU fan on their board. Unbelievable...

After suffering through our last seven games in the Dakotas, spanning over three seasons, I can now safely say I have had it with these all-white teams, and their all-white fans, with their all-white coaches and their all-blonde cheerleaders, playing us in their rat-trap gyms with these all-white "mystery referee" crews who never call games south of the Missouri River, leading to the surprising coincidence that our guys are always in foul trouble, while getting hammered themselves on the other end.

Guess our guys just have trouble handling all that Nordic athleticism...

Re: The great WHITE North...

The follwoing was in response to the above post from an ORU fan. But note that it was the SDSU fan who got banned, not the guy who posted the origina racist about all the whities in the Dakotas.....

Did I really just read a thread that said all SDSU players and fans are white? And that if there were more black officials calling games in the Dakotas that ORU would somehow have more success? It's so laughable, so ridiculous, so ignorant that trying to make sense of it makes rational, clearthinking people look dumber than the guy who posed the original question. Do you not see how BOTH blacks and whites could be offended by this if they chose to take the original author seriously?

Comment

So I just read through the 2 threads regarding SDSU on ORU forum. If Dr. Cornelius is the owner/admin of the forum, he should really be put down. What an idiot. Calling the SDSU fans who posted on that crappy forum trolls when they were defending the college and state against a racist comment made by an ORU fan. Complete moron. Since I have a feeling not a single ORU fan was at the game, it's so nice of them to make comment regarding the officials. And by making a comment that a black official would have called the game different, how is that poster not banned.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Not to mention that in the ORU-NDSU game ORU shot 33 free throws to NDSU's 20.

In the SDSU game SDSU shot 29 FT's to ORU's 20.....but SDSU also outrebounded ORU by EIGHTEEN rebounds. ORU made just 10-19 FT's, was outrebounded by 18 and gave away a late 6 point lead. But for some it's just so much easier to blame it on white people. Laughable.

Comment

I sense they are a little nervous that NDSU and SDSU eventually be the Powerhouses of the Summit, granted its a message board and there is now their entire fanbase believes it, but it was the dumbest thing I ever read in my life
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I think we will all have a better day at the office and elsewhere if we do not visit that site. I am a member and was outraged when I read that thread. Looking at most of the posts over there, we find only a handful of posters, and they are very protective of their turf and react to anyone that tries to counter their opinions. Its like p@ssing in the wind. So I think I will hang out here and not worry about what a bunch of parocial fools from ORU have to say on their beloved message board.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              I sense they are a little nervous that NDSU and SDSU eventually be the Powerhouses of the Summit, granted its a message board and there is now their entire fanbase believes it, but it was the dumbest thing I ever read in my life
              I got the same feeling. They are used to being the bully on the block and a meltdown like that is not surprising after they lose (again) to the newcomer Jacks and darn near lose to a rebuilding, shorthanded Bison squad (after the Bison punched them in the mouth and took their lunch money last year).

Richard Roberts is a faithhealer....wonder why he doesn't just will them to the Sweet 16 every year?

Comment

Nidaros, I have been to many message boards. I try to be as respectful as I can since I am a visitor and know that just that alone will put alot of people of the defensive. I am being completely truthful when I say the ORU board is the most unwelcoming I have ever experienced. Pretty shocking since they are a Christ-based school but looking at the actions of their previous leaders I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Why is politics off limits on this forum, but making fun of the religion of one of our conference mates is allowed? I don't know what religion the Rev. Roberts subscribed to, but low blow posts about ORU's religion, founder, and forefathers should be treated in the same regard as comments about Fred Oien and his personal life issues, IMO.

I was personally disgusted by the radio pregame recap done before the women's game tonight by, I assume, someone at the athletic department. If I was an ORU fan watching via Summit TV, I would be fuming. I would hope the Athletic Director issues an apology to Oral Roberts after that debacle, and somebody in the athletic department should be reprimanded.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Why is politics off limits on this forum, but making fun of the religion of one of our conference mates is allowed? I don't know what religion the Rev. Roberts subscribed to, but low blow posts about ORU's religion, founder, and forefathers should be treated in the same regard as comments about Fred Oien and his personal life issues, IMO.

I was personally disgusted by the radio pregame recap done before the women's game tonight by, I assume, someone at the athletic department. If I was an ORU fan watching via Summit TV, I would be fuming. I would hope the Athletic Director issues an apology to Oral Roberts after that debacle, and somebody in the athletic department should be reprimanded.
                    If you read the rules over on ORUSports.com, they are very clear about making negative remarks about their founder and their dogma(beliefs or doctrine). Oral Roberts was/is as far as I can tell part of the Pentacostal denomination. Oral goes back to the early days of televison and tent revivals and his ability to heal. Some who claimed they were healed stopped seeking medical attention and lost their lives as a consequence. So that again opens one up to scorn.

Roberts dogma is something that does not fit in this skeptical and technological world so he has been open to scorn for a long time, but I do give him credit for standing by his beliefs. Son Richard Roberts, however has been involved in a number of scandals dealing mostly with money so that too opens it up for scorn and casts more scorn on ORU. Intercolligite competition seems to have help bring their image back to some positive recognition.

Is this the same as Fred Oien departure? No Fred was very dedicated as an athletic director and we would not be where we are today if it where not for Fred. His personal life I suppose is open to question and the Argus has over done their job in that area so there is not any thing to add there.

The reason politics are prohibited is because they can be devisive and I believe as the title of message board states that this message board is for SDSU Fans, and we dont need division over politics or religion. I thought your post should not go unanswered so if I am out of line in adding my five cents, then I trust the moderators will tell me so,

I have no idea what was said in the pregame show as I was not listening. You will have to elaborate on that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      If you read the rules over on ORUSports.com, they are very clear about making negative remarks about their founder and their dogma(beliefs or doctrine). Oral Roberts was/is as far as I can tell part of the Pentacostal denomination. Oral goes back to the early days of televison and tent revivals and his ability to heal. Some who claimed they were healed stopped seeking medical attention and lost their lives as a consequence. So that again opens one up to scorn.

Roberts dogma is something that does not fit in this skeptical and technological world so he has been open to scorn for a long time, but I do give him credit for standing by his beliefs. Son Richard Roberts, however has been involved in a number of scandals dealing mostly with money so that too opens it up for scorn and casts more scorn on ORU. Intercolligite competition seems to have help bring their image back to some positive recognition.

Is this the same as Fred Oien departure? No Fred was very dedicated as an athletic director and we would not be where we are today if it where not for Fred. His personal life I suppose is open to question and the Argus has over done their job in that area so there is not any thing to add there.

The reason politics are prohibited is because they can be devisive and I believe as the title of message board states that this message board is for SDSU Fans, and we dont need division over politics or religion. I thought your post should not go unanswered so if I am out of line in adding my five cents, then I trust the moderators will tell me so,

I have no idea what was said in the pregame show as I was not listening. You will have to elaborate on that matter.
                      Thanks for the background info (although I would guess ORU supporters would probably put a different spin on things).

I still don't see much of a difference between Oien and Roberts below the belt comments, but that is probably a matter of opinion.

Hopefully (or maybe not) the pregame show will be a part of the replay that will be available on gojacks.com. I can't think of any particular quotes from it, but IMO it was in very bad taste.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I guess I'm lost regarding when we attacked religion. Only reference was the statement about a religion-based school's forum allowing racism. Don't believe this attacked their religion.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I think he was probably referencing me talking about Richard Roberts (son or Oral and former President of ORU) being a faithhealer. Richard is no stranger to scandal and controversy....by any means. I do not respect Richard Roberts.....and I suppose I should just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                            I think he was probably referencing me talking about Richard Roberts (son or Oral and former President of ORU) being a faithhealer. Richard is no stranger to scandal and controversy....by any means. I do not respect Richard Roberts.....and I suppose I should just leave it at that.
                            I think that is a good idea, and maybe we should not discuss religion since it is a personal choice, and some body's choice often is stepped on and thats when the hurt begins... And we are about discussing SDSU Athletics so it seems wise to stick to that topic.

Whats ironic is Old Titan, the one who started the rant thread over on ORUsports.com is also a member of this board and made a total of 5 posts. I have taken time to read them and all were pretty intelligent and were about the predications of Summit League finishes.
                            Of course he has his favored but so do we.

Comment

Another example of why it usually isn't a good idea to drag discussions from one board to another.

Thread closed.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X