Griffan Callahan has a new fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffan Callahan has a new fan...

It's obvious that this squad lacks fire and passion and it's obvious that they are becoming aware of that.

One guy that doesn't have that issue is "Griff". I loved watching him play tonight. Flying all over the place, going hard after rebounds, playing real aggressive defense. Hopefully his play catches on.

I wasn't sure of his role on this team at the start of the year but it's very obvious now. We need him on the floor to do these little things and to turn up the intensity.

I think his play and atttitude and hustle and intenstiy need to be applauded, especially on a team where more guys need to take notice. GREAT JOB GRIFF!!!

Re: Griffan Callahan has a new fan...

It's the same way he played last year. Did the little things to help the team. Was wondering why some posters didn't think he was worthy of minutes this year?
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I used to get upset with Griffs brothers when they used to pick on him, I'd tell them to knock it off or one day he'll come back to get you! Glad to see he didn't let me down!! He has always been a tough ball player, and usually got the call to defend the other teams best player. He is a quiet player that shows up in places you would not expect him to be. I have to admit his older brother 6'8" still gives him a good challenge now and then, but the respect for each other is always there!!

Comment

I love his pasion. Please tell him to keep bringing it, that he could really change the mood around this team right now.

I hope Nagy continues to play the kids who want it.

As for Garrett....never in my life will I forget his game against Oral Roberts in Sioux Falls. Honestly, no exxageration, I didn't have much of a voice for 2-3 days. When he made the 2-and-one I stood in the aisle, hands on my head with tears in my eyes. With all the emotion around with the Moss family and then for Garrett to basically put that win on his shoulders.....what a night. I will never forget it.

Please know Callahan family, we haven't been world beaters in your time, but the Callahan name will forever be a source of pride and positivity in this program. Thank You.

Comment

Love the thread.

The Callahans (Garrett, esp.) didn't have to stick around in the rough times his first few years, but he did and helped provide a solid foundation for the team, as did Kai.

Love watching Garrett and Griffan play, and proud to cheer for them.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Glad to see this thread up when I logged in today. Griffan's fire is EXACTLY what this team needs. His heart makes him play bigger, stronger, faster, and better than his physicla talents. If it rubs off at all then this team could become pretty good and very quickly.

He was a man possessed last night!

He had the attitude that:

There is no way I'm not getting that rebound!
            There is no way that guy is taking me to the hole!
            There is no way anyone is going to beat to that loose ball.
            THERE IS NO WAY I'M NOT GOING TO EARN PLAYING TIME!!!

Love it Griff! Keep it up!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Exactly. We want this entire team to play like Griff, that's why he should be celebrated!

I vote we change our name to the Golden Griffans Hold a parade in his honor....everyday! Change him hometown of Seneca Illinois to Griffanca Illinois or Senecallahan Illinois....make everyone wear sleeves on their right arm....retire his number....make Larry Bird admit he wore 33 b/c he knew he was going to be a Griff fan when Griff grew up....make it mandatory that Nagy say "if everyone on the team played as hard as Griffan Callahan...." every other sentence....hand out "I'M A GRIF-FAN" shirts next home game....pettition the NCAA to let Griffin also play on the womens team.....give him a tryout for the football team (would lead the team in tackles), wrestling team (would pin everyone) equestrian team (he could life the horses onto the trailer)....make him a candidate for Governor (I think he'd win)....let him decide what to do w/ the smoking ban as well as what to do about the events center in Sioux Falls....make chin goatees for all South Dakota men a law....make Melanie Griffin change her last name...paint his face on the water tower in Callahan Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                Exactly. We want this entire team to play like Griff, that's why he should be celebrated!

I vote we change our name to the Golden Griffans Hold a parade in his honor....everyday! Change him hometown of Seneca Illinois to Griffanca Illinois or Senecallahan Illinois....make everyone wear sleeves on their right arm....retire his number....make Larry Bird admit he wore 33 b/c he knew he was going to be a Griff fan when Griff grew up....make it mandatory that Nagy say "if everyone on the team played as hard as Griffan Callahan...." every other sentence....hand out "I'M A GRIF-FAN" shirts next home game....pettition the NCAA to let Griffin also play on the womens team.....give him a tryout for the football team (would lead the team in tackles), wrestling team (would pin everyone) equestrian team (he could life the horses onto the trailer)....make him a candidate for Governor (I think he'd win)....let him decide what to do w/ the smoking ban as well as what to do about the events center in Sioux Falls....make chin goatees for all South Dakota men a law....make Melanie Griffin change her last name...paint his face on the water tower in Callahan Florida.
                Start locking your door at night Griff. j/k
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Teajackrabbit-- I am laughing so hard I'm crying--that was a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    Start locking your door at night Griff. j/k
                    Ha! Kind of funny, I'm on my way home, about 2 hours after I posted the goofy tribute to Grif thing, and my cell rings. I answer and on the other end was a starter on the SDSU basketball team. He was calling to thank me for the donation I made to the athletic program. I'm sure they all take turns doing this, so how funny would it be if, just a couple hours after I make a thread like this that player actually calls.

The call was a real nice jesture from the athletic department. The young man on the other end however doesn't have a career in television or radio. I did tell him he was a good reader though.

Comment

Originally posted by bbalggc View Post
                      Teajackrabbit-- I am laughing so hard I'm crying--that was a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Thanks...you know I have wrote a few commercials and I learned quickly there is a thin line btw funny and annoying. I was hoping at least a few people thought it was somewhat funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                        Ha! Kind of funny, I'm on my way home, about 2 hours after I posted the goofy tribute to Grif thing, and my cell rings. I answer and on the other end was a starter on the SDSU basketball team. He was calling to thank me for the donation I made to the athletic program. I'm sure they all take turns doing this, so how funny would it be if, just a couple hours after I make a thread like this that player actually calls.

The call was a real nice jesture from the athletic department. The young man on the other end however doesn't have a career in television or radio. I did tell him he was a good reader though.
                        I got the same call tonight. A very nice thought. Not sure if they have done that in the past though - this is my first year.

To be honest - I thought it may have been a recording, but maybe I was wrong.

Comment

It sounded like a recording (which I why I teased him and said "you're a good reader") until we spoke for a short amount of time.

Comment

I got the call from a women's softball player and also thought it was a nice gesture from the players and athletic department.

Comment

Equestrian athlete here.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X