Best case scenario...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best case scenario...

Let's say we win tommorow at WIU. We are suddenly 3-5 and not only have two conference road games behind us (one of them is to one of the best teams in the league) but we have also played non-home games against a top 5 team, a team recieving votes, ECU and an away game at Wyoming. Really folks, considering that schedule, would anything better than a 3-5 start be realistic?

Then we get SMSU at home. A game we should win and go to 4-5.

Next up, another tough one, going to Nevada. Most likely a loss. 4-6.

Then it's Cal-Poly and Central Michigan at home. Let's just say we win both games and sit at 6-6.

Then it's Minnesota and probably a loss. That means we have played 6 very good teams and start the second and final stretch of our conference shedule at 6-7.

First up in conference is ORU at home. This is a winnable game but ORU is the better team, at least right now. A loss there puts us at 6-8 (1-2)....however....our next 5 Summit games are very winnable (Centenary, @UMKC, @SUU, NDSU, IPFW). A 10-9 (5-3) record w/ 10 games to go and 6 of those very winnable would have alot of people happy. Even if we finish out the rest of the year 5-5 that would put us at 15-14 and 10-8 in conference. That's about where I predicted us and I would be happy w/ that season.

Let's just hope it plays out close to the above.

Re: Best case scenario...

For me, I am going to take it one game at a time, not looking ahead except for the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      For me, I am going to take it one game at a time, not looking ahead except for the next game.
      Speak for yourself Paige Paulson....I already have hotel reservations and have purchased ticket to the NCAA 1st and 2nd round games in Minneapolis and am trying to get my hands on Sweet 16 tickets. Joking.

I hear ya, let's just improve and hope everyone fills their roles.

I would like to see Cassaday or Rader or even Engen get a shot at just a few of the big man minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        Speak for yourself Paige Paulson....I already have hotel reservations and have purchased ticket to the NCAA 1st and 2nd round games in Minneapolis and am trying to get my hands on Sweet 16 tickets. Joking.

I hear ya, let's just improve and hope everyone fills their roles.

I would like to see Cassaday or Rader or even Engen get a shot at just a few of the big man minutes.
        Now, we would have been lucky to have somebody like Paige Paulson on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Now, we would have been lucky to have somebody like Paige Paulson on the roster.
          Oh my gosh, for sure! I wish! I have said this before on here...I am somewhat close to some ppl involved in the Custer program etc and the Paulson ppl and Luitjens ppl are just top-notch.

You wonder how many great players that left this state would have stayed had we had a respectable D1 program. We're not keeping a Krabbenhoff or Miller or Larson, but the kids like Paulson are the ones we need to keep. We've already done just that by keeping Fiegen, White, Horstman (so far) not to mention grabbing kids like Dykstra, Heemstra and Wolters.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            ...that would put us at 15-14 and 10-8 in conference. That's about where I predicted us and I would be happy w/ that season.
            ...I'll take that in a heartbeat.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I think we gotta take the approach of the football team... 1-0 each night. Do that, and I think the rest will take care of itself.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
              X