Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iupui - gdt

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
    you want to open this can of worms lets open it.
    Doesn't bother me. I think if it were such a no-brainer that he be gone then the people who make those decisions, who are alot smarter than me and you on those matters, would have sent him packing.

And again, maybe just give me the name of a coach who could come and be a sure bet to turn it all around....

Comment

Just relax fellas. We will turn this around and end up with 20 victories!

Comment

Deep down I think there are problems with this team that may be unresolvable. Whether it's between the players themselves or between the players and Nagy I don't know. Yes they will continue to play and will win a few but I don't think the intensity will be there with a few of the players. Hopefully this situation ends this year and doesn't affect the underclassmen. If it does we are in for more dissappointment. I also hope that whatever the problem/problems are the affected parties can put it on the backburner for the rest of the season and be the best they can be.

This is my two cents worth and I will support the Jacks at every game I can view, on the internet (Get your act together Summit TV and Jump) or in person.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          And again, maybe just give me the name of a coach who could come and be a sure bet to turn it all around....
          Again, haven't given up on this season and think the right decisions have been made in not changing the coach, but this is BS reason #2 to say that the situation should not be looked at.

If you don't think a school like SDSU could get a large number of very qualified applicants so don't do anything, your arguments mean that don't make a change and accept the fact the program will always be where it is currently. Heck, Coach Nagy doesn't think that way and I am sure he doesn't want a change to be made.

This has gotten to the point of the absurd. A decision will be made at the end of the season as to whether or not the program is in the position to move forward and continue to improve. If the decision makers believe it is not, there will be a change made. If they do, a change won't be made. Quite frankly, whether they get a road win or an incoming recruit might leave is a very small part of the decision, if any at all.

When SDSU started the move to D-1 I said that every decision should be made with the idea that the program/department would be in a more competitive position 5 years from then. Still believe that is true, and I think it applies to Coach Nagy, who I expect will be at SDSU for the next 5 year review.

If the team finishes higher in the conference regular season and gets as far as it did last year in the tournament, would you consider that progress? Moving up in the standings, a second consecutive semi-finals appearance? Sounds like a program moving up, but depending upon how the season as whole plays out, it might not be.

Rant over, next post on the future of the program from me will be when the season is over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            Again, haven't given up on this season and think the right decisions have been made in not changing the coach, but this is BS reason #2 to say that the situation should not be looked at.

If you don't think a school like SDSU could get a large number of very qualified applicants so don't do anything, your arguments mean that don't make a change and accept the fact the program will always be where it is currently. Heck, Coach Nagy doesn't think that way and I am sure he doesn't want a change to be made.
            I didn't quite understand all this.

I guess I'll try and clarify.....yes, I believe Nagy is reviewed every year and will be reviewed even more so after this year simply b/c we have a new AD.

Do I think we'd have great candidates knocking on our door if Nagy were fired? I kind of doubt it. One guy that comes to mind in Tom Billeter. I think he'd be pretty decent.

Keeping Nagy doesn't mean I am happy losing 20 games a year. It means that I think he's taking the right steps to improving the program. He's had to deal with alot of stuff that's out of his control. Getting Wolters and others and Dykstra and Heemstra makes me think this could be a good team next year and could be a very good teams in 2 years and beyond. As long as I feel that way then I feel the guy making that happen shouldn't lose his job.

Comment

Working...
            X