Iupui - gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iupui - gdt

I am still optimistic for the rest of the season.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitnation View Post
      i understand that some players just left high shcool, but so did half the team at north carolina and they destroyed an experienced michigan state team. Teams reload and we added players and have everyone back. If players are not ready to play they call that a red-shirt. I guarantee if we had won half our games last year those boys would not be playing.
      Okay Coach We hear you

Comment

The Summit is a one bid league and always will be a one bid league. Split on the road and sweep at home. There are three conference games before January 1st. So really anything that happens before 2010 is almost irrelevent. It's a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          The Summit is a one bid league and always will be a one bid league. Split on the road and sweep at home. There are three conference games before January 1st. So really anything that happens before 2010 is almost irrelevent. It's a long season.
          I'm with 6-4-3 on this one. I'm choosing to think back to that Friday evening driving to Mpls listening to the men destroy Wyoming after the women defeated the Zags in OT hoping the FB could complete the weekend sweep. That was a great night.

IUPUI kicked our butts, thats that and thats it. Get back on the horse, pull yourself up by your boot straps, whatever it takes.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm going to make the team a couple of my famous Intenity Pies.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
              There is a log of season left. All it will take is about 3 consecutive wins and all the negative comments on this board will change to how good this team is. Its amazing how quickly it goes from throwing people under the bus to jumping on the band wagon.

Great bunch of kids. Get behind them and support them. They are our Jackrabbits. I am upset about how cruel people can be.

It is a long season. I hope its NOT A LONG season! Good luck on Saturday. A double header sweep of Western would be great.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I just hope the day of reckoning is soon. I am 100% confident that a change at the helm is the ONLY way long term progress will be made. The status quo should not be accepatble as it will doom us to more 20 loss seasons and to people making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                  I just hope the day of reckoning is soon. I am 100% confident that a change at the helm is the ONLY way long term progress will be made. The status quo should not be accepatble as it will doom us to more 20 loss seasons and to people making excuses.
                  There isn't anything short of a change that is going to make you happy. That is abundantly clear. I suspect that a complete turnaround and succesful conference season wouldn't sway you in the slightest.

You are entitled to your opinion but that kind of negativity just sucks.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                    There is a log of season left. All it will take is about 3 consecutive wins and all the negative comments on this board will change to how good this team is. Its amazing how quickly it goes from throwing people under the bus to jumping on the band wagon.

Great bunch of kids. Get behind them and support them. They are our Jackrabbits. I am upset about how cruel people can be.

It is a long season. I hope its NOT A LONG season! Good luck on Saturday. A double header sweep of Western would be great.

GBGBGJ
                    AMEN! THEY ARE OUR JACKRABBITS!!!

The loss yesterday wasn't unexpected. IUPUI is a solid team and probably playing better than anyone in the Summitt League. We certainly didn't do anything to disprove that. The way we played was disappionting.

It is certainly critical for this team to find itself and get going and do it soon but the tone on here is everyone has given up on them. Is that true? Sure seems like it to me. I'm frustrated by the struggles too but I'm more frustrated by the lack of support.

My bet is them coming out and playing with some fire on Saturday night. I will be stunned if that doesn't happen. Will they win? Who knows? But they better bring the intensity!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

intensity intensity intensity... If they don't bring it in the next game they never will. The Sr. leadership on this team has turn it around. Bring the INTENSITY. Its no longer okay to lose. TIME TO BRING IT
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

From my uneducated view ... Coach Nagy has been given, and has used, a lot of rope. He earned it via his successful DII days. Fans and alumni have been very patient. That said, over five years of bad basketball at a once proud basketball school has made the natives a little restless. There has been a dramatic drop in attendance for home games. Frost Arena used to be the place to be on game nights ... not anymore. I detect no special feeling with the program among the public ... mostly passive indifference. It's kind of an acceptance of mediocrity.

Coach Nagy is a good man. The young men on the team are trying hard. But I feel we are stuck like Bill Murray in Ground Hog's Day. Different year but always in the same place.

I don't like that place anymore.

Comment

Would winning the first Summit League road game tomorrow night change any of the doubters's minds? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Would winning the first Summit League road game tomorrow night change any of the doubters's minds? Just asking.
                            Since you asked a very direct question, here is my direct answer and I speak for just myself. Yes, but wait a minute here I havent been a doubter for some time. A win is a win and I believe it will happen for the first time in Macomb Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              I would hope so.

I think 6-4-3 is right...and has made me step back and relax a little. We play 2 conference games, then don't play another until Dec 31. That gives us alot of time to improve. A win tommorow would be great. Being 1-1 w/ one of four tough conference road trips, not to mention having an away game at the #2 team in the conference out of the way, would be good. Then we can continue to improve and hopefully beat SMSU, Cal-Ploy, CMU, etc before the conference season starts again.

We still have 12 very winnable conference games (UMKC twice, Centenary twice, WIU twice, NDSU twice, SUU twice, IPFW twice) left where we will not be outmatched. A win tommorow and then a few wins btw then and Dec 31 would be a huge step. Tommorow is big.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                                I understand that some players just left High Shcool, BUT so did half the team at North Carolina and they destroyed an experienced Michigan State team. Teams reload and we added players and have everyone back. If players are not ready to play they call that a red-shirt. I guarantee if we had won half our games last year those boys would not be playing.
                                You're comparing kids from Brookings and Madison and St. Cloud to 5-star recruits who are 1-2 years away from careers in the NBA. Apples and oranges.

Comment

Working...
                                X