Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iupui - gdt

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
    Dont get down on the guys, they are trying their best. Problems lie elsewhere.
    Can you give some insight into that statement? If you ask me we have the same team as last year and nobody outside of the core group or with in the core group has stepped up. Every team in this conference lost players and we did not!

It is early but not early for the Seniors or Juniors, they need to live up to the hype they came in with or give the minutes to the Soph. and freshman that should have redshirted!

Comment

What hype? Its basically the same team as last year that LOST 20 games!! How do you think we magically improved our talent base? The freshmen are good, but freshmen rarely have a huge impact at this level. We are stil small, not terribly athletic and not terribly deep. We simply lack the overall talent to win consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        Maybe changes are needed.
        Amen to that.

Comment

[QUOTE=TeaJackrabbit;138486]Geez......they've taken what, two shots outside of the paint? Is Engen that bad?[/QU

I know coaches watch practices and see things in a player like Engen that may not look like he can play, BUT why not put him in for a ten minute stretch and see what he can do. We need defenders and someone to alter shots and commit some fouls. He does not have to score! Just try it with Engen and AC.

just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
            What hype? Its basically the same team as last year that LOST 20 games!! How do you think we magically improved our talent base? The freshmen are good, but freshmen rarely have a huge impact at this level. We are stil small, not terribly athletic and not terribly deep. We simply lack the overall talent to win consistently.

I agree with you on every pt! The Hype comment was sarcastic, because everyone talks all these recruits up. I understand the freshman have little impact , that is why I said RED-SHIRT THEM AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!

Comment

Sorry to be so defensive. I agree with about red-shirting the freshmen. Next year I think them combined with Dykstra and Heemstra (sp ??), who I hope will be able to play right away, should have a bright future. They will need some support obviously and you know hoe I feel about the coaching situation.

Comment

If you fire Nagy you could very well lose Dykstra and Heemstra and who knows who else (Carlson, Fiegen, White, Horstman?). Is that a risk you're willing to take?

Comment

I'm very wishy washy at this point. One bad loss on the road to a pretty good team does not break a season. BUT...this team plays with such little emotion and enthusiasm and effort and on and on and on...it depresses me.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I put this one all on the seniors. They should be to the point that they should be fired up and ready to go every game and leave nothing but there best effort on the court every night. its been a long run for them and not the fruits of their labor can pay off with the hard work they put in. I have yet to see the team live, but the Defense does not seem to have improved even with an older team and solid good young freshman. Offense cant seem to find a consistan rythm. We use to run set screens for Hanson and Moeller years ago to open them up for wide open 3. I dont think i have seen them do that with Garret but espcially Sargent. Let him lose his defender on a few picks pop open at the top of the arc and nail a few 3s that way. If i remember correctly that was almost the first play of the game they would run every game for those 2. Hope others know which that i am talking about.

Why not run a patient offense with a lot of motion to wait for a great shot, Just like wisconson did against Duke. I love Duke but they were flustered following the the cutters and slashing and ball movement that it gave Wisc plenty of open shots, we have enough good shooters I just dont know whats keeping them from getting and or making better shots. Any one watch many games to see whats keeping the offense from being effective.

Disappointing on so many levels. IUPUI plays a short bench but we could not use that too our advantage, similar height team and we get out rebound and shot out of the gym. Atleast we kept them from scoring over 80. thats the only bright spot i can even try to amuse my self with.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      are either of the teams both men and women capable of getting mad? because until they get mad I don't think they will perform up to their capabilities. It's like they have a ho hum attitude towards the games and are just oh well. get mad Jacks.
                      I agree. Seems I felt that way about the football coaching staff and team after the SIU loss. They just looked deflated when I felt they should have been using to their advantage and motivation. I agree with people saying effort also. The womens game against WKU they left so many rebounds for the WKU no wonder they won. Every lose ball everyone should be diving and fighting for and hustle and defend. Maybe they need a motivational speaker or something to get them pumped for every game both mens and womens. Maybe they need coach Stigs one game at a time theory. We are going 1-0 tonight or in basketball it would be 2-0 each week. Think small every game what does each game broken down need to have in order to win that match up not caring whats next week or tomorrow. Focus and heart and a little effort and determination could only help.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

[QUOTE=RabbitNation;138561]
                        Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                        Geez......they've taken what, two shots outside of the paint? Is Engen that bad?[/QU

I know coaches watch practices and see things in a player like Engen that may not look like he can play, BUT why not put him in for a ten minute stretch and see what he can do. We need defenders and someone to alter shots and commit some fouls. He does not have to score! Just try it with Engen and AC.

just a thought!
                        I think a true tall center presence is what part of this team is missing. might help keep other teams guards from driving in so easy if they get a few shots swatted away. have a true tall post center and let AC play as a big PF and Kai the SF and then I think the team would have a better inside out side mix. To bad I cant think of his name, the guy with the wierd foot thing that kept him out Davis maybe? He could have been the true difference maker for this team this year. we have more pieces to the puzzle to use this year but they still do not fit together to make the right team we need. WE got a true PG but is a freshman, needs time, we have other good players but they wont develop for a few years to really be effective by then we loose half this team to graduation. Can Dykstra and Heemstra be difference makers next year with the core we will have back or will be worse because we lose two big pieces of the team but then again they are not holding their own weight at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

...by then we loose half this team to graduation.
                          ...that may not be a bad thing
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            ...that may not be a bad thing
                            I see it 2 ways.

1. We lose talent and experince with the program but still have not turned in a winning year.

2. We are back to where we were with a team of potential talent that is young and still struggling to find its way.

At the begining of the year, this team had confidence, well, I think it up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

I think as fans we are waiting for some one with this team to break out. I think most were hoping the seniors would be the ones. I think we can put our money on Sargent as the best shooter and offensive weapon. AC is doing well but I think this team needs to focus to get sargent 10 3 point attempts agame. The way he is shooting why not. No one else seems to want to make a shot.

I would think that this team who has been beaten up and pushed around for a few years would be ready to to right back and finally flex its proverbial muscle stand up and yell, whats that movie quote. Im mad as hell and im not gonna take it any more. Even if they are going to go down atleast go down fighting. I think thats where we feel so dissapointed.

Maybe this team will gel as the year goes on maybe imrpove game by game and know its identity come confrence tourny time because the last 2 games thats they only hope I have left for this team already this season. Unless they figure something out quick and wow me, my expectations for this team have dropped considerably. Never the less I will still make what games I can to cheer them on and root for more jackrabbit victories.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                              If you fire Nagy you could very well lose Dykstra and Heemstra and who knows who else (Carlson, Fiegen, White, Horstman?). Is that a risk you're willing to take?
                              I'm going to only say....players care more about winning.....then who's steering the ship....This is a business that is all about what have you done for me lately
                              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                are either of the teams both men and women capable of getting mad? because until they get mad I don't think they will perform up to their capabilities. It's like they have a ho hum attitude towards the games and are just oh well. get mad Jacks.
                                Getting mad will help? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense to me. Do you mean you are looking for a level of intensity that you haven't seen yet from the team? That would make more sense. Getting mad would not help one bit. More intensity would.

Comment

Working...
                                X