EA Sports NCAA 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Sports NCAA 06

Just a warning that EA Sports NCAA 06 March Madness doesn't have SDSU or NDSU in the game.
    I regret wasting the 40 dollars on the game.

Re: EA Sports NCAA 06

You will want to go with "College Hoops 2K6" from 2Ksports.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...46/1002/SPORTS

Go State! ;D

Comment

If you go to a GameStop, you could trade it in toward the 2K6 game.

Comment

Here are highlights from a Brookings Register story:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...93&page=25

Jackrabbits have turned video game stars

BY ERIC VICCARO

There have been plenty of firsts associated with South Dakota State University and the city of Brookings since the Jackrabbit athletic department announced its shift to NCAA Division I competition in 2003.
        Here's the latest hoppining, er happening, for the Jackrabbits.
        SDSU is featured in the video game College Hoops 2K6.
        It's the first time any college team from the Rushmore State has been included in a video game.
        "It's a nice deal for the players," SDSU head men's basketball coach Scott Nagy said. "They are excited about it."
        In fact, Nagy purchased the video game in Sioux Falls on Tuesday.
        "A salesman told me they've had a hard time keeping the video game in the store," Nagy noted.
        The game is marketed and manufactured by 2K Sports, a company based in California.
        Scott bought the game for the Sony Playstation 2 platform.
        Kids are, perhaps, the best jury to judge video games.
        Nagy's two oldest sons Nick (11 years old) and Tyler (10) have played the game already.
        Tyler, who happens to have a paper route for The Brookings Register, defeated his older brother 75-61. The boys played SDSU versus SDSU. Only in video games and scrimmages can you accomplish that.
        "I was just jacking up 3's," Nick said.
        Tyler said he's enjoying the game.
        "I like that my dad's face is on it," Tyler said. "They look a lot alike."
        Tyler was referring to the fact that 2K Sports researched the game down to the faces of coach Nagy and players such as Ben Beran and André Gilbert.
        "It's weird seeing my dad on it," Nick said, "especially since my dad was sitting behind me watching us play the game." The gymnasium resembles Frost Arena, and the court features the ever-popular "Jacks" logo.
        "I was surprised how real it was," coach Nagy said. "They had the players running and shooting like they do in real life." . . .

The game has many interesting features.
        Coach's clipboard allows the player to coach his — or her — team to victory through specific directions during timeouts such as switching up defenses from man-to-man to zone.
        There are elements that make college basketball unique, elements such as the Selection Sunday special to find out which teams are going to be the 65 representatives in "The Big Dance."
        And the season, of course, tips off with a dazzling "Midnight Madness" concept.
        The cover features former Kansas and current North Carolina coach Roy Williams and former player Marvin Williams, who is now a rookie for the National Basketball Association's Atlanta Hawks.
        Williams made a putback tip-in to give the Tar Heels a 72-70 lead over Illinois during the national championship game last year. Coincidentally, Nagy was a graduate assistant for the Fighting Illini during the late 1980s before moving to Brookings.
        So, the Jackrabbits are now immortalized in a video game.
        It's one of the perks of moving to Division I. Rival North Dakota State is in the game. As are independents such as Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne and Texas-Pan American.
        Do you really think something like this would have happened had SDSU remained in Division II? Not a chance. Like College Hoops 2K6 itself, get real.
        Now go out and get the game. And give your opposable thumbs a workout.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Do any board members have College Hoops 2K6 on their PC? If so, can you post some Jackrabbit screenshots for us less-fortunate souls?

Comment

For the videogame buyers, I'll give a quick little review. I have both EA and ESPN College basketball games for 2006.

Presonally I like playing March Madness (EA) much more, maybe because of the better graphics and the recruiting is much better on EA.

Just got ESPN, I started a "Legacy Mode" which allows to be run a program. Of course I'm going with the Jacks. The videogame is fun, the gameplay is better than EA but the graphics are lacking. Not a huge fan of the recruiting on the game, and when I'm playing college games I want to the recruiting to be top notch; I don't feel like ESPN has that right now.

Frost Arena looks pretty good on the game. A lot better than Bison Sports Arena I haven't been to Frost in real life, but hopefully will be able to make it down to a game sometime soon. At the end of the court isn't there checkerboard? Because on the game it just says South Dakota State.

Comment

Originally posted by bballguy

Frost Arena looks pretty good on the game. A lot better than Bison Sports Arena   I haven't been to Frost in real life, but hopefully will be able to make it down to a game sometime soon. At the end of the court isn't there checkerboard? Because on the game it just says South Dakota State.
              Yes there are checkerboards at both ends that were added this summer. Maybe the game manufacturers were at Frost before the checkers were added. Bison Sports Arena has always had a lighting problem in parts of the facility. NDSU is I believe about to do a facelift and improve lighting and seating.

I wonder if these game people will update their games? I kind of doubt, unless they know they can sell more games and updated versions with the updates.

I feel like I am too old for these kind of games, maybe not. I will have to check out these games the next time I go shopping. Where are they sold in SF and Brookings?

Comment

Working...
              X