Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for SDSU basketball info

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I don't know if this was to me or not. If not, no big deal. I didn't say SDSU should win. I'm just saying what SDSU has for a team this year comparing them to years past and with the freshmen that came in.
    I wasn't replying to anyone in particular actually. I don't even think I read your entire post. I was just browsing through.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It's early in the season, Purdue is missing a couple players, and SDSU was better than their record last year. If the Jacks hit the court with confidence and a good game plan, they could make things very interesting.

They might not win, heck they probably -won't- win, but I expect that they'll play as though they deserve to win, and that will cause problems for Purdue.

http://www.jconline.com/article/2009...31/1037/SPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Hey...don't you have two dogs in this hunt?
        Fair question: SDSU is in my DNA. Grew up in Brookings. Got one of my degrees from SDSU. I worked at Purdue and admire the place, but I didn't admire it enough to stay there. I bleed yellow and blue.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was going to do a write up but I figure jackmd pretty much nailed it.

Let's not forget another obvious tie to Purdue...Ward "Piggy" Lambert was born in Deadwood and coached Purdue for 29 seasons, winning 317 games and 11 Big Ten titles. He won a (mythical) National Championship while at Purdue.....he coached John Wooden....he was named to the Basketball Hall of Fame...Purdues old basketball arena was named after him.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            I was going to do a write up but I figure jackmd pretty much nailed it.

Let's not forget another obvious tie to Purdue...Ward "Piggy" Lambert was born in Deadwood and coached Purdue for 29 seasons, winning 317 games and 11 Big Ten titles. He won a (mythical) National Championship while at Purdue.....he coached John Wooden....he was named to the Basketball Hall of Fame...Purdues old basketball arena was named after him.

Man, would it be great to play for a coach named Piggy, or what?

Comment

Lambert is a legend at Purdue. he also coached baseball and our current baseball field is named after him. Lambert Fieldhouse (the old arena in question) still stands and is now our indoor track and field facility.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Man, would it be great to play for a coach named Piggy, or what?
                He got the nickname while in college due to his hogging of the ball. Oh how many guys that could apply to today....

Comment

Working...
                X