Could this be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be...

one of best nights ever for the combined basketball programs?

Women beat a top 30 team and men go, on the road, in the season opener, against a pretty decent program, and blow them out (at one time by 27)!

Huge night!

Re: Could this be...

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    one of best nights ever for the combined basketball programs?

Women beat a top 30 team and men go, on the road, in the season opener, against a pretty decent program, and blow them out (at one time by 27)!

Huge night!
    Nice to know Wyoming paid us $75,000 to come out to Laramie and play! I bet Wyoming's administration liked writing that check out .

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Nice to know Wyoming paid us $75,000 to come out to Laramie and play! I bet Wyoming's administration liked writing that check out .
      How do you think Michigan felt about paying Appalachian State $450k!

Comment

Are you sure we got paid 75 grand? I thought the game was part of a 1-1, and the USD game was a pay day game....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Are you sure we got paid 75 grand? I thought the game was part of a 1-1, and the USD game was a pay day game....
          Yep. I talked to Asst. Coach Klinkefus in Cubbys on Saturday while watching the MN football game. That is what he told me with a big smile on his face!

Comment

Could this be...the season we have all been waiting for?

If the men's team can play like they did Friday consistently this season people better start calling now for home game tickets. Frost Arena can sell out unlike CAS. Fans have gotten the flavor for winning with the football team this year and have come out in record fashion.

Frost Arena doens't hold 8500+ like it did ten years ago. Do we have many sellouts on the horizon? The doubleheaders may be all but guaranteed at this time.

I know it may be jumping to conclusions after one game. But wow that was fun to listen to that game on the way to Minneapolis Friday night.

We all know SDSU was a basketball school, and mainly men's, for many years. I want to have to start a thread in March asking if we are now a football school or basketball school.

Comment

I think it can and are all three.

I think the football following this year has been great!

I think we have more people, at the very least, aware of our womens program than most schools. I know it took me awhile but after watching the girls play and how hard they play, I am a fan.

We've always leaned toward mens bball. I think this year, as I predicted this off-season, we see a significant jump in attendance. I think we're very capable of winning every game at Frost (not saying for a second that we'll go undefeated).

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                Could this be...the season we have all been waiting for?

If the men's team can play like they did Friday consistently this season people better start calling now for home game tickets. Frost Arena can sell out unlike CAS. Fans have gotten the flavor for winning with the football team this year and have come out in record fashion.

Frost Arena doens't hold 8500+ like it did ten years ago. Do we have many sellouts on the horizon? The doubleheaders may be all but guaranteed at this time.

I know it may be jumping to conclusions after one game. But wow that was fun to listen to that game on the way to Minneapolis Friday night.

We all know SDSU was a basketball school, and mainly men's, for many years. I want to have to start a thread in March asking if we are now a football school or basketball school.
                I would guess Frost seats about 6500 at its current configuration. Less if we get chairbacks on the south upper someday. One of the WNIT games a couple years back had about 6000 and I can't imagine it holding much more than that.

IMO, if we field a competitive to good team year in and year out, tickets to a game at Frost could be hard to come by, especially if both the men and women are good and season tickets are paired together as they have been thus far.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that in 5-10 years, you won't get into a game unless you have season tickets or know someone who does.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion based on no facts whatsoever.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                X