Problems in Gopherville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems in Gopherville

Looks like Tubby and the Gophers may have some issues when the Jacks come calling.

http://bit.ly/3ApsBK

Re: Problems in Gopherville

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Looks like Tubby and the Gophers may have some issues when the Jacks come calling.

http://bit.ly/3ApsBK
    Unbelieveable.

Comment

Wow. That is amazing.

Did the UofM hire the NDSU Athletic director and not tell anyone? (Zing!)
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It sounds like there are some problems up there. Two years ago they hired "new" football and basketball coaches and now both teams are playing better but having problems with the law. Some times you get coaches that can win but they get borderline players(grades, law problems, etc..) to get the job done. I didn't follow Tubby at Kentucky but it seems like stuff like this is expectable in the SEC. Just like poking a person's eye is a 1/2 game suspension.
        I hope you don't take this as smack but it's just my opinion of things up there. I could be completely wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          It sounds like there are some problems up there. Two years ago they hired "new" football and basketball coaches and now both teams are playing better but having problems with the law. Some times you get coaches that can win but they get borderline players(grades, law problems, etc..) to get the job done. I didn't follow Tubby at Kentucky but it seems like stuff like this is expectable in the SEC. Just like poking a person's eye is a 1/2 game suspension.
          I hope you don't take this as smack but it's just my opinion of things up there. I could be completely wrong though.
          I don't think it's smack. Some coaches are willing to take a risk with players just because of the talent level. That risk usually will bite them in the arse. And while it is great to have a player with that much talent on the team, I am glad our coaches go the safer route and take the players with character and talent.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

What amazes me is how so many of these things popped up in a brief period. With Royce White you almost had to expect it, he was "kicked out" of DeLaSalle after his junior year of high school for academic misconduct. Both Mbakwe and Bostick were outstanding Juco players, but you sometimes get a mixed bag with players going that route.

Part of the issue involves kids that have huge futures and they still have to live in the same environment that can lead to clashes with the law. There have been comments that it may have been better for Royce if he would have moved away from the Twin Cities so that he could get away from the environment that he grew up with.

The sad thing is that Tubby really had some momentum building. I hope this does not develop into Clem II. Clem Haskins really had something nice building in the 90's and in the years to follow, you could see that a solid foundation had not been built. I still plan to wear some of my Gophs apparel, fortunately my Rabbit stuff does not have the stains of the maroon and gold.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

Comment

Well, all is not lost for the Gophs. I would expect a big improvement from Colton and Ralph this year and they didn't do so badly last year. Perhaps the other bigs could take some lessons from those two on how to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                Well, all is not lost for the Gophs. I would expect a big improvement from Colton and Ralph this year and they didn't do so badly last year. Perhaps the other bigs could take some lessons from those two on how to stay out of trouble.
                From what I hear, Colton could have trouble getting minutes this year. Of course, that's just what I hear.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  From what I hear, Colton could have trouble getting minutes this year. Of course, that's just what I hear.
                  The kid's a stud. I would really be surprised if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Well, if does, I'm sure we could find room for him
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Well, if does, I'm sure we could find room for him
                      We'd need a lot of room, wouldn't we?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I talked to Chuck (Colton's dad) today. I didn't ask about these issues specifically just asked about how Colton was doing. Chuck said he is excited for the season and keeps working hard. Colton will fill whatever role he is asked to.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When you add players with the skills of Rodney Williams, Trevor Mbakwe and Royce White it will definitley effect the playing time of Colton Iverson and others. This is no disrespect to him it's the reality of playing for a Big 10 team and a coach like Tubby who is going to attract top talent most years and he really hit the jackpot this year. The challenge is can those new players behave themselves enough off the court to get on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            When you add players with the skills of Rodney Williams, Trevor Mbakwe and Royce White it will definitley effect the playing time of Colton Iverson and others. This is no disrespect to him it's the reality of playing for a Big 10 team and a coach like Tubby who is going to attract top talent most years and he really hit the jackpot this year. The challenge is can those new players behave themselves enough off the court to get on the court.
                            Well, Mbakwe is out for the year (legal problems) and Royce White has been suspended indefinitely (doesn't really mean much in the "big time" does it?). Playing time advantage: Iverson.

Comment

More problems... http://bit.ly/2nSLYp

Comment

Working...
                              X