Minnesota Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Recruiting

The bi-product of the Bison win over the Badgers is the added pressure it has put on Dan Monson. Monson is being chastised in the Twin Cities media for his teams current 0-5 Big Ten record and also for the success NDSU players (Woodside,Smith,Winkelman)who hail from Minnesota are having. They have more Big 10 wins than the Gophers this year. A bigger debate is not that the Gophers don't have a lot of Minnesota kids on there team (they do), but rather do they have the right ones. Many committed elsewhere out of college and then transferred back and most come from the Metro area and not outstate Minnesota. Woodside,Winkelman and redshirt freshman Vaughan and Sussenguth all are from smaller towns outside of the Twin Cities. Vaughan was part of a very talented Braham team that has a senior (Isaiah Dahlman) who is headed to Michigan State and is younger brother Noah (a Junior)will be heavily recruited. Bison have also landed Freddie Coleman who many thought would play football at Minnesota, but is playing basketball for the Bison. UNI and Iowa State has recruited well in Minnesota for many years. I think the same questions will be asked about Matt Cadwell in a few years. Monson is in deep trouble even with 3 years on his contract. I hope the Univ of Minnesota remains the only DI program in the state as it allows SDSU and NDSU to pick up some great players.

Re: Minnesota Recruiting

I agree.

Apparently the knock on Woodside was his size, and Winkleman was he wasn't superior at one thing.

If recruits like that continue to slide through the cracks of UofM and other Big 10 schools, NDSU and SDSU will be in good hands.

Comment

Working...
    X