Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit top 15 players, etc....

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    Old Titan is putting too much stock in the lack of a conference road win when deciding the talent of the players the Jacks have. The team hasn't had the depth. I think he will be really surprised when the end of the season comes.
    I think he was real surprised at the end of LAST season.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Titan View Post
      Hey, don't throw every ORU fan under the bus with that quote. It was actually only one obnoxious ORU fan who said that: ME!

Whoever finishes #2 in the regular season is going to have to win at least HALF of their road games. ORU and IUPUI (under their current coaches) have proven year in and year out they can win road games in hostile environments in conference.

Until SDSU proves it can do the same, I can think of no reason why they should be predicted to finish ahead of logical #1 choice Oakland OR the other two schools. It's not about returning talent; it's about COACHING.

A #4 finish for SDSU is a much more rational pre-season prediction: it acknowledges the progress the program made last year, while taking into account the as-of-yet unresolved issue of not winning on the road.
      I don't find anything wrong with this statement. SDSU hasn't won a conference game on the road yet and until they prove it why would anyone outside of Jackrabbit Nation think otherwise. I still think SDSU is going to surprise people this year though, and anything less than 4th will be a disappointment.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

As I've said often before, respect isn't given, it's earned. In basketball, you earn respect primarily by winning games on the road, especially in conference.

No wins = no respect. This season needs to be about earning some respect, I think.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          As I've said often before, respect isn't given, it's earned. In basketball, you earn respect primarily by winning games on the road, especially in conference.

No wins = no respect. This season needs to be about earning some respect, I think.
          Let me remind a few people about how annoying it can be to listen to fans of a newcomer to the division or conference talk about all their success at the lower level and in a previous conference and how that means success at the next level blah blah blah....... Smack or in when in earnest its usually just hot air.

Our men's basketball team will be better and needs to continue to get better. If we can be competitive within conference, snag a middle seed, and win a conference tourney game or two and have a chance to pull an upset that would be great. Oakland and ORU have proven that they will be at the top of the Summit every year. I hope we can reach that point someday.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X