NDSU TAKES CARE OF NAIA RATED TEAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU TAKES CARE OF NAIA RATED TEAM

NDSU played a team coached by former NDSU Assistant Craig Smith. Mayville came a short distance to Fargo and lost by quite a margin. The most interesting detail is that NDSU drew 3019 against an NAIA opponent.

Here is the team we will see next weekend.

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...&id=117289

Re: NDSU TAKES CARE OF NAIA RATED TEAM

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
    NDSU played a team coached by former NDSU Assistant Craig Smith. Mayville came a short distance to Fargo and lost by quite a margin.  The most interesting detail is that NDSU drew 3019 against an NAIA opponent.

Here is the team we will see next weekend.

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...&id=117289
    I'm sure they drew over 3000 because Mayville is close and probably brought alot of their own fans...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

I'm sure they drew over 3000 because Mayville is close and probably brought alot of their own fans...
      No its not the Mayville fans. ;D Its Bison fans who were in the stands, wanting to see a good product, namely a good men's bb program, something SDSU does not have right now.

Comment

My comment was made after reading this statement on the Bison board about the game...

The attendance of 3,019 was really good tonight. It brings up our season average to 2,508. I said earlier this season that we need to up our attendance to 2,500 THIS season, and it looks like we did it. There were a LOT of Mayville fans at the game, though, probably 500-600 of them. They made a lot of noise. It felt kind of embarrassing. At least we pounded them, though.

Comment

I was not at the game but could have been. Apparently the Mayville following has picked up some this year. I did not think they had much following, but with the success of the season, and being rated, they apparently do have followers that made the short drive down to Fargo. The Mayville coach Craig Smith who used to assist Tim Miles is a very charistmatic coach IMO. I was surprised by the score, which tells you that the Bison are playing very good ball right now. When you compare the NDSU-Mayville score with SDSU-SMSU, its kind of scary. :

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

I guess there were about 500 Mayville fans there from what I've been told. Mayville is about 40 miles from Fargo, so an easy drive. they are a pretty good NAIA team, (they beat the und2sue ;D ;D ;D) but I hope this is the last year we have to schedule NAIA teams to complete the schedule.

Comment

Working...
            X