Tony Fiegen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fiegen

Tony Fiegen won Mr. Basketball earlier today... since I was there and I wrote the story for the Madison radio station, I'm posting the whole bloody thing, so no plagarisim here!

================================================== =====

For the first time in Madison High School History, a boys’ basketball player has taken home the State’s top high school basketball honor. Hansen Anderson Basketball named Tony Fiegen “Mr. Basketball” yesterday at an awards luncheon in Sioux Falls.

Fiegen was selected among several finalists from all three classes, including Dustin Tetzlaff of Watertown, Brayden Carlson of Brookings, as well as teammate Chad White. He says being named the top boys’ basketball player in the state is quite an honor.

Fiegen averaged 14.1 points per game and 6.7 rebounds per game during his career. He is second in MHS history with 1071 career points and holds school records with 422 career field goals, as well as most points in a season, season field goal percentage as well as defensive rebounds in a season.

This award was the latest honor that Fiegen has won. He’s also been named the Argus Leader Co-Player of the year along with White, as well as being named to the first-team all state basketball team and recipient of the 2009 Gatorade South Dakota Player of the Year. Fiegen says all his success would not be possible were it not for his teammates.

Sam Ostrello of Stanley County was named as “Miss Basketball” during yesterday’s program. The Purdue signee led the Lady Buffs to a 19-3 record this season while averaging 22.1 points per game. Other area finalists include Tara Heiser of Watertown and Taylor Richter of Dell Rapids.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Tony Fiegen

Good news! (Missed opportunity to get SDSU into the story as in Ostarello is a Purdue signee...but, good story ) I'm in Watertown and we were watching to see how Tetzlaff and Heiser would come out.

Comment

Almost every story I did about Tony and Chad included the fact they were going to SDSU... so I figured for my readers, it was a given... kinda like the sky is blue and the grass is green! LOL
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Congratulations to Tony. I look forward to seeing him play this coming season.

Comment

Working...
        X