The Other SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Other SDSU

I'm watching them against UNLV on ESPN2 . . .

Darn, they look big. Darn, they look fast. Darn, they look athletic.

I get to watch them in person against our Jacks come March.

Hope our boys have their A+ game. They look like an NCAA tournament team.

Darn!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: The Other SDSU

The other SDSU's Athletic Director is Madison, SD, native Jeff Schemmel.  Jeff took over the helm for the Aztecs this past summer. Jeff was a sub-4 minute miler for Kansas State University. He had a younger brother run for SDSU.

Comment

I saw a couple minutes of that game. What caught ny eye was that they listed San Diego State as SD St. It seems that there is confusion over what to call the two SDSUs - no one is completely sure which one gets to be SDSU and which one gets to be SD St. Maybe the SDSU vs. SDSU should be for the right to be the default SDSU?

I can see making a distinction on the ESPN ticker, so that people can seperate the two, but in a game, the teams should be listed by their preferred abbreviation - you often see "UM" on the screen, for one of serveral schools, and it's clear by watching the game who it is.

Comment

I think ESPN has chosen (after using SD State during the fall) to go with SDak St. on the ticker for our SDSU.

Comment

This maybe the toughest game since the first two of the year. But I am willing to put money on the fact that SDSU will win   you heard it here first

[hr]
          As of today
          San Diego State is 18-7 and  11-2 in the MWC. They are in first place by two games over Air Force who they spilt with (losing by 3 and winning by 10).
          They play BYU,  New Mexico, and Wyoming then us (we are their last game)

There 7 losses have been to:
          Ill-Chicago, San Diego, California, Wash St, Providence, Air Force, Utah

They do have some size to them, here are some of their big men.

Marcus Slaughter 6-8  Jr
          17.0 ppg 10.7 rebounds

Mohamed Abukar 6-10 Jr.
          13.3 ppg  4.0 rebounds

Mohamed Camara 6-10 Sr (265 lbs the big man in the middle)
          3.1 ppg  4.3 rebounds

Brett Hoerner 6-11 Fr
          1.9 ppg  1.0 rebounds
          [hr]
          Leading scorer is 6-3 Jr. guard Brandon Heath
          18.2 ppg  3.1 rebounds  3.4 assists

They have 6 players that avg over 20 min per game and 9 players that avg over 10 min per game.  So they have size and depth, w/ two freshmen who get a lot of PT.

Comment

Chris Wagner will have his work cut out for him. I see him being used as the meat in the middle for this game. 5 fouls and 6 rebounds would be a great line for him this game.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The Aztecs are a legitimate NCAA team and have been picked to make it by most bracketologists. Out kids can play with no pressure, have fun, and make a another run at an NCAA tournament team.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Aztecs are a legitimate NCAA team and have been picked to make it by most bracketologists. Out kids can play with no pressure, have fun, and make a another run at an NCAA tournament team.
                I agree, maybe I should take out another loan and go cheer on the Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                X