• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball: SDSU at IPFW

Tonight.........

02/22/2006 -- ( 7:00 PM )

Men's Basketball: SDSU at IPFW

DESCRIPTION:
    The Jackrabbits will travel to Fort Wayne to face IPFW. Tipoff set for 8 p.m. ET

Re: Men's Basketball: SDSU at IPFW

Jacks give up 22 straight points, trail 22-2 in the first half.

Another torrid start by our Rabbits. :-[
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My fault, everyone, I forgot to post "This is a game we could win." : : :
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

well this is how it is going - they just banked a three-pointer in to make it 7-7 on three's for the night.

32-6

Comment

Cripes, they're 8/9 for 3's. Down 35-10.

Comment

41-20 at the half. Pathetic.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yikes. IPFW beat the Rabbits by 20 a few weeks ago in Brookings, when SDSU was outscored 19-3 in the final 11 minutes. Let's hope the Rabs don't add another bad half tonight. Losing by 40 to sub .500 team would be very painful, especially with a road trip to California looming.
              This space for lease.

Comment

hey we broke forty this time but we're still being schooled by them oh well caddy has broken 400 points on the season.

Comment

Nagy's WNAX post-game comments:
                  This is not a great basketball team we're playing, they just got destroyed by Northern Colorado last night. They just decided they would win the game tonight and our kids didn't respond.

They're not that good a shooting team but they've shot well--says a lot about our defense. The other coach did a much better job of getting his team ready to play.

First foul on Ben was a tough one, second one was a charge. When you go into the half with your two top scorers scoring two points you have a problem.

I figured I'd start players in the second half who were playing hard. There wasn't a lot I was going to do as a coach to get our guys where they needed to be.

We had point blank shots in the first half we didn't make, might have been within ten in the first half.

We need Andy and our players to have games like that when the game is tight, not just when we're down by twenty.

Second half we played hard but were getting into more individual battles, some of our guys were angry with the players they were on, I knew then that we had no chance to get back in the game.

We missed a lot of easy shots.

I don't know what the mental state of the team is going to be, it's not going to help for me to be tough on them. Our team leadership need to get into the hotel rooms and discuss this, say that this isn't acceptable. If they think the NDSU game was our championship and they're just riding out the season, I don't know what I can do.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It's frustrating to see a great effort on Saturday followed up by another dud aginst IPFW Beran and Cadwell have to do better than six points each if we want to be competitive. I know Cadwell's only a RS frosh, but Beran needs to lead by example on the court EVERY game. No team is going to win many games if their leading scorer is a role player (Kleinjan).

I'm sure that the guys laid everything on the court last Saturday, but that does not justify letting a similar team score 22 points in a row during the next game!

Comment

Night Hawk:
                      You are not the only one frustrated with the current status of things. I am too, but very little can be done with only 3 games left. Possibly a win could happen in Edinburg Texas.

I for one will not be predicting a win loss outcome for next season. It may not be much better than this year. If we got redshirt cordova, then we wait again for next year. When next year comes we wait until next year. Sort like be a Chicago Cub fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                        I for one will not be predicting a win loss outcome for next season. It may not be much better than this year. If we got redshirt cordova, then we wait again for next year. When next year comes we wait until next year. Sort like be a Chicago Cub fan.
                        Diagree with this most pessimistic of expectations. Unfortunately, too many people had too high of expectations and then we had the worst of breaks with the transition.

To complain about redshirting players on a team with no conference and no championship to play for in order to provide them with the opportunity to compete for a championship is petty. To suggest that coaches shouldn't consider redshirting players who would do best with an extra year of practice is ignorant. Besides 5 more wins/5 less losses what really is the difference if this team is 12-10 or 7-15 (rhetorical question).

I am looking forward to next season hoping that this team continues to improve. Holdren will be back, Cadwell will be better, Beran and Loney can help move the RS freshman along. Bassett and Cardova will play if deemed ready. I don't know and I don't care how many games they win.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think condemning the next 3 years' teams merely because we've done poorly in the past 2 seasons is completely missing the point and uses very little imagination or comprehensive thinking.  

This years and last year's SDSU basketball teams were/are extremely young and inexperienced.  More so than any SDSU team in years.  The circumstances leading up to this situation has been discussed to death at this point.  However, what is missed when complaining about how we ended up being put in this situation is the fact that with some seasoning this team has the potential to do some damage.  

In 2 years we'll have 2 of the tallest players SDSU has ever suited up with some serious seasoning under their belt, a 2 guard in Cadwell fresh off his 1000th career point and closing in on 1500, a big strong 3 in Holdren who most teams would love to have on their team, and a big strong Cordova who will probably be carrying about 220 lbs on his 6'6" frame and ready to bang.  That's completely overlooking the rest of the team.  Hornby may turn into a dynamic player leading people to say he was born to run the SDSU offense.  Yackley may develop into a slashing defensive stud who brings tons of energy.  All of those things may happen or something completely different may happen leading to even better results.

Those on this board who seem to have lost faith seem to think that the recruits we currently have and the one's we're bringing in are all bums.  It's an incredible disservice to those young men, the coaching staff and the school to say that just because this year's team is struggling that we have no future.  I'm not one to wear rose-colored glasses by any means.  However, I do have faith that our current stock of red-shirts and recruits have basketball ability.  It's already been proven that we have some pretty good individual talents in Cadwell and Holdren to build around.  Both will be sophomores next season.  SOPHOMORES.  

Step down from that ledge, put away the sleeping pills, click the safety back on the gun and don't give up just yet.  Have a little faith in the school we all love for Jackrabbit's sake.  Sheez.  
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Diagree with this most pessimistic of expectations. Unfortunately, too many people had too high of expectations and then we had the worst of breaks with the transition.

To complain about redshirting players on a team with no conference and no championship to play for in order to provide them with the opportunity to compete for a championship is petty. To suggest that coaches shouldn't consider redshirting players who would do best with an extra year of practice is ignorant. Besides 5 more wins/5 less losses what really is the difference if this team is 12-10 or 7-15 (rhetorical question).

I am looking forward to next season hoping that this team continues to improve. Holdren will be back, Cadwell will be better, Beran and Loney can help move the RS freshman along. Bassett and Cardova will play if deemed ready. I don't know and I don't care how many games they win.
                            I agree whole heartedly.

Comment

Ditto to whatever makes me sound the least negative or least pessimistic in regard to this, next and future seasons as it relates to some of the recent posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X