Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madison Title

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
    Well Bells I guess we can agree to disagree then. I realize I will never win an argument on this blog but I am willing to give this kid a chance because of what I see inside of him. Not what I have witness from a few games here and there. Maybe I am looking at the kid for his growth potential and athleticism, not at the way his father acts. Hell if you want to get into that, we have parents on our mens team right now that sometimes could use an attitude check...I'm not saying, just saying.
    The kid can definitely play, as far as his father, you brought him into this. You commented about his athletic prowess. I don't think athleticism is the only thing he has nurtured in Terrell. I watch a lot of high school basketball and when there is a technical foul called it is a big deal. They don't happen that often. I have seen Terrell get at least two and have only watched him play 4 or 5 times. An athletic scholarship is a big deal. I don't think his potential is worth the risk he has already displayed, especially if his role model acts the way he does.

You are right we will have to agree to disagree.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

The Newtwon kid is from Huron, and I believe this thread is about Madison winning a state title for the first time since 1945. Possibly this is thread drift.

I believe we should be talking about Madison. Parents and their kids participating in athletics is old subject. It appears, that Madison was as much a graceful winner as they were graceful losers over the past 64 years. I know of no loud and obxious parents associated with this years Madison team. Or am I to quick in thinking this?

Do you realize current age of guys are that were on that 1945 team? I believe nearly 82 or 83. I wonder how many are still living? and...

Did they have any bad parents getting kicked out of the gym for bad behavior? I guess we would have to ask.

Comment

Heard on KWSN from the Lincoln kids Derek Carlson and Aldmir Krdzalic that Carlson has a full ride to DWU for football and hoops and they tell him he can start or be a 6th man on the hoops team right away. The "Bosnian Blur" said he attending some D2 school in No Carolina who are giving him a full ride. I can't remember where Mullenburg is going for football. Sound like a real close knit team who have played together for a long time.

Comment

Congratulations to both White and Feigen. They have put up with some serious press(both good and bad) over the last couple years. I really like it when people say that since they have 2 DI recruits, they should win 3 State Titles. They got 3rd, 2nd and then 1st.
          When they got 2nd, White missed the beginning of the season because of an injury. He was back on the court so he must have been 100%, right? Platte is a really good team. Losing in the championship game to them isn't the worst thing in the world.
          White and Feigen both seem like quality young men. They both can play basketball and SDSU should be glad to have them.
          Madison may have been the smallest in the ESD for several years but they've been a "big fish in a small pond" for several years now. They have the 23rd largest enrollment in the State. Let's look at the teams at State A's-
          Madison-302
          Lennox-212
          Red Cloud-175
          Parkston-160
          Sioux Valley-135
          Platte-112
          McLaughlin-92
          I think Madison was one of the top 4 teams in the State period so I'm not putting them down. It's a good year for the town and their team.
          The only bad thing I heard was some of their fans had kids running around and throwing things. That happens but it was distracting. The team and it's players did their thing.

Comment

The nice thing now is that after a week or two off to rest their bodies, these two players can begin preparing for nothing else but the be Jackrabbits in the fall. I'm sure to some extent they have been doing that already since they have been committed to the Jackrabbits for a long time, but now the focus should be getting to be solely on next season in Brookings.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
              The nice thing now is that after a week or two off to rest their bodies, these two players can begin preparing for nothing else but the be Jackrabbits in the fall. I'm sure to some extent they have been doing that already since they have been committed to the Jackrabbits for a long time, but now the focus should be getting to be solely on next season in Brookings.

Basketball players are "made" in the summer. The summer is time for them to work out everyday. Weight Training and Gym Time for at least 4 hours a day, if not more.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

From the MAD Leader, three of the guys are living, it lists two of three:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=181986&rfi=6

Comment

Originally posted by jacks029812 View Post
                  From the MAD Leader, three of the guys are living, it lists two of three:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=181986&rfi=6
                  Thanks for posting this story. Times have changed, no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X