Cordova!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordova!!!

Great job last night! He gave up 4 inches to a kid they say has the ability to play in the NBA and Cordova easily outplayed him! We couldn't help to think about how much more effective AC would be if he played along side a big (Anthony Davis) and was able to slide down to play the 4. He is so strong and I just hope he has a great offseason. Probably talking about a second team conference player next year.

Re: Cordova!!!

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Great job last night! He gave up 4 inches to a kid they say has the ability to play in the NBA and Cordova easily outplayed him! We couldn't help to think about how much more effective AC would be if he played along side a big (Anthony Davis) and was able to slide down to play the 4. He is so strong and I just hope he has a great offseason. Probably talking about a second team conference player next year.
    He did all that with a hand that was injured and will more than likely need surgury. At least that is what his dad told me.

Comment

I believe its a broken metacarpal bone, will likely need a pin. Should be okay.

AC is amazing, he was the one an only bright spot last night and I can't wait to see him play again next year.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congrats to AC on the career night, to bad it didn't come in a win.

Congrats to AC on a breakout year period....dude was an animal.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

AC is a stud. He's played bigger than his size all year. We are lucky to have him for two more years.

Comment

I too congradulate AC on his performance this season. He has given our fans a lot of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I too congradulate AC on his performance this season. He has given our fans a lot of hope.
              Along with Dale Moss, both improved with leaps and bounds this year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Along with Dale Moss, both improved with leaps and bounds this year.
                Agree. AC gets the Most Improved award. Dale gets the runnerup in that category. Both of them play bigger than they are.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

AC was awesome this season. I think next year offensively will be even better. But more than that, I believe AC will provide that critical 'upperclassman' leadership and spark that we've been lacking. Don't get me wrong, I think Kai and Garrett will be excellent leaders as well, but AC seems to have that get angry, motivational take charge type attitude that we are going to need to continue to go over the hump.

Heres a thought to kick around, who is going to be the next Jack to make an AC type improvement for next season? Not very many people would have picked Cordova to improve as much as he did. Who knows, we might have a couple other guys that are currently unknown who might make a big impact next season.

Comment

The thing about AC and Dale is they both could make the same amount of improvement next year as they did this year because they are both missing the same thing...a jumper. Dale's improved a lot from last year (you can tell from the rise in FT%) and if he could get a jumper to make the defense honest he would be absolutely unguardable. I also know that AC has toyed with changing his shot and says it feels much better and is much more consistent. If these two could get somewhat dependable 15 foot jumpers it would make all the difference in the world. As far as people making big improvements I would look at Mikey, Griff, and Josh. From what I heard, Josh was an absolute beast in HS and the thing that is slowing him down now is injuries. I think Mikey and Griff have showed tons of potential and are still learning the college game. I think you will see much different players next year.

Comment

After the Oral Roberts game, Anthony Cordova was asked about playing with an injured hand. He was sitting right next to Dale Moss when he said the following...they are more than teammates

Anthony Cordova
                      On his hand injury
                      ” I just wanted to this for my team, I do whatever I can for the team. I did this for my good friend’s mom,
                      Dale’s family is really close to mine, if she can go through it, I can play through this crappy hand.”

Here is a link to the entire page of pastgame quotes...
                      http://www.thesummitleague.org/pdf4/...DB_OEM_ID=3900

Comment

The thing that will make Cordova even better is to allow him to play his natural position of power forward. We will need Davis to come back healthy or go out and find another Juco Center!

Comment

Working...
                        X