This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagy Must Go!!

Not much else to say. Despite a couple of upsets, we still had a lousy 20 loss season.

Re: Nagy Must Go!!

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
    Not much else to say. Despite a couple of upsets, we still had a lousy 20 loss season.
    Dude, its too early in the morning. And I am almost positive that no one else (save Just in the Crowd and minnesotarabbit) are going to keep beating this dead horse as hard as you have.

This team improved (7 wins in conference) and won a game in the conference tournament. Thats a lot of progress over last year. Do you understand the implications of firing a coach right now? I take it you don't and I have already wasted enough of my time writing this response this morning, so I say good day to you sir.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This thread is pointless. Nagy is not going anywhere. Come back next year and start this thread if we lose 20 again (Hint: We won't.) Until then, rabbit_boy is just whistling in the dark.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

He deserves next season - but last night was embarrassing. I could've understood laying an egg if they had to play back to back days. But given a day to come down from the win Saturday night and play like that.

Comment

I couldn't disagree more. I'm excited for next year and can't wait to watch the continued improvement. Feel free to excuse yourself until we become a powerhouse again. We'll save a spot for you. For now though, I and most people I've talked to don't want to hear this non-sense. Coach Nagy has taken us through the lowest of the low times, dealt with circumstances that are freakish and costly for a program, and is making HUGE strides. I can't wait for next season.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Wow, great words....nothing to back up your reasoning other than we lost 20 games. The guy makes the semi's of the Conference Tournament....what if they made the finals and lost by 20 you'd still be on here stating the same thing.

Fire Nagy, set the program back another 2-5 years....then you'll be on here calling for the head of his successor and the guy after that and so on and so on. Oakland Coach has been there for 25 years......you'd want his head as well after the first 12 years.

I'll state it again, when you transition a head coach out the door it takes 2 years minimum to see any positive results unless the team is loaded. SDSU is not loaded but they are headed in the right direction.

You are an idiot and know little about the game. If you had to say those words face to face to someone who mattered and put your name to your words you'd never have the balls. Thank god for cowards like yourself that there is the internet available .... gives small minded opinionated people power and makes you feel good. Get a clue!

Comment

Boo this thread! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Boo this thread! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!
                Hooray beer!!

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the Smack section, since nothing rabbit_boy has never typed has been positive towards the mens' team?
                  Last edited by bub94; 03-10-2009, 08:40 AM.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I follow Kansas athletics as well. "Fire Mangino" was the cry of several fans the year before he took KU to, and won, the Orange Bowl. The next year he would take them to beat Minnesota in the Insight and it's obvious now that the guy is a very good coach and program builder.

I'm not comparing State to KU or saying that KU is going to go on to a magical season next year. I just ask of the Nagy-tive naysayers what I said to the people who wanted Mangino gone, and, that is, who else? KU football was and I suppose still is, not an elite destination. Oddly enough they are building and improving facilities (like State) to try and get there. So for those who want Nagy gone, who else? Who are you convinced can come in here and replace a guy who has won 250+ games at State....led them to four conference titles...was a five time conference coach of the year, etc?

Comment

So, you are very down on this program and don't see much hope for next year or the future, right? Fine, but then how the heck do you think we'll be able to lure any type of reputable coach if what you view is reality?

If we are sitting here next year after a 20 loss season then I got your back. Coach easily deserves another year. If Davis returns and the returning players (State is the only team to return their top 7 scorers and one of two to return their leading scorer) continue to improve (sophmore Cordova schooled a kid who is supposed to be NBA material) and a newcomer helps add depth we are going to be a top 3 team in conference (ORU coach Sutton has already called us a darkhorse for 2010). Imagine State finishing top 3 in conference our second year of eligibility.

Comment

I don't agree with you, but your entilted to your opinion.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          I don't agree with you, but your entilted to your opinion.
                          Agree that I don't agree but I would say you're entitled to your opinion. (sorry just couldn't resist)

We got dominated last night but I don't think that was Nagy's fault. Oakland was WAY BETTER than we were, minus AC.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Oakland was/is better (2 players on Summit first team and one on second team).

It also helped that they were hitting some really tough shots. JJ and Kangas especially.

Comment

Can we fire rabbit_boy? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this is just useless drivel to stir the pot.

Oakland was fired up to play us after they let us come back against them in Brookings. As mentioned above, they are a veteran team that came out and performed well last night. Obviously we didn't play well but give a tip of the cap to Oakland.

I put rabbit_boy on the ignore list but had to peek at the thread starter anyway given the name of it.

Useless drivel!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X