Excitement after the ORU win...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excitement after the ORU win...

I went out after the men's win over ORU Saturday night and was out again last night. Of course Saturday night I sported an SDSU shirt. Last night I did the same. I often wear an SDSU cap or coat or shirt or sweatshirt, but the last two nights, the comments I recieved from all sorts of people was amazing. People who really don't even follow SDSU or even basketball were talking to me about SDSU. I have never seen anything close to that level of excitement for SDSU in a two day stretch.

It was more than just a win. If they can wn tonight....

Re: Excitement after the ORU win...

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    I went out after the men's win over ORU Saturday night and was out again last night. Of course Saturday night I sported an SDSU shirt. Last night I did the same. I often wear an SDSU cap or coat or shirt or sweatshirt, but the last two nights, the comments I recieved from all sorts of people was amazing. People who really don't even follow SDSU or even basketball were talking to me about SDSU. I have never seen anything close to that level of excitement for SDSU in a two day stretch.

It was more than just a win. If they can wn tonight....
    We all need to keep wearing the SDSU attire. That is how we promote SDSU athletics, SDSU as a whole, and convince everyone in the region that SDSU is the premier sports attraction in the area.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Agreed. That said, I've been around, on gojacks.com etc and cannot find a SDSU polo shirt (golf shirt/short sleeve colar). And while I'm at it, the new logo is still taking me some getting used to.

Comment

Been flagging SDSU colors in SE Michigan since we got here. A flag on the pole at home SDSU flag on the pole at the campgrounds. Sweatshirt around town, tshirts on the boys when the go to school and play. hitch cover and license plate frame on the truck. SDSU stickers on the minivan and truck. And letting everyone know that I talk to about the teams.

Comment

Agreed. That said, I've been around, on gojacks.com etc and cannot find a SDSU polo shirt (golf shirt/short sleeve colar). And while I'm at it, the new logo is still taking me some getting used to.
          Check the bookstore http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/

Comment

If you are in S.F. for the games, Kohl's has a lot of SDSU clothes as does JC Penny's and Scheels.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Ah yes, the excitment and engery that can be generated by a post season conference tournament. Years ago when the idea of bringing the Summit League tournament to Sioux Falls came up many scouffed at the idea...similar to SDSU or USD going DI. Now that reality is here and SDSU is two wins away from dancing everyone is excited. The Summit League tournament has never seen such fan fare.....exciting times for all involved...walking through the concourse after the game Saturday night and hearing thousands chant "Let's go Rabbits", even if you are not an SDSU fan you have to feel good for South Dakota.

Imagine the excitment if both SDSU & NDSU men and women square off in the finals tomorrow....wow make the Summit League shudder.....

Kudos to the Sioux Falls Sports Authority and the organizers for having the courage and vision to dream up the idea of bringing the Summit Tournament to SD! Too bad those who dreamed will remain nameless, but their efforts are front and center this week! Now imagine if Sioux Falls would build an events center.....an NCAA Regional tournament would not be out of the question.

The old NCC was electric and provided many memories....having both USD and SDSU go DI will provided even greater opportunities and memories on a much larger scale.....people are FINALLY starting to get it.....thank goodness for change!

Comment

If you are in S.F. for the games, Kohl's has a lot of SDSU clothes as does JC Penny's and Scheels.
                I've bought SDSU apparel from all three, as well as the bookstore. Pennys and Kohls stuff tends to be kind of generic and cheap looking. Scheels has gotten alot better recently. Your best bet is still the bookstore (though they only have one shortsleeve polo and I don't really like it) as they get you order out quick. I think my last order took 3 days to get to my front door.

Comment

I've bought SDSU apparel from all three, as well as the bookstore. Pennys and Kohls stuff tends to be kind of generic and cheap looking. Scheels has gotten alot better recently. Your best bet is still the bookstore (though they only have one shortsleeve polo and I don't really like it) as they get you order out quick. I think my last order took 3 days to get to my front door.
                  If you have a chance to get to the Bookstore in person, they have a bigger selection of clothing.

Comment

If you have a chance to get to the Bookstore in person, they have a bigger selection of clothing.
                    I will, thanks. I noticed Saturday night there were alot of SDSU clothing that I haven't seen before.

Comment

Prairie Graphics in Brookings is licensed to do SDSU clothing too. It's great quality. They're by the National Guard Armory (and owned by an SDSU grad)

Comment

Working...
                      X