X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centenary

Time to move on to Game Day.

Re: Centenary

Sargent is in uniform and the report from Steve I. via Tyler on the women's broadcast is that he'll play today.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This is it. It all ends tonight.

Centenary has lost 8 straight games and are mailing it in (though they played the Bison well). 500 showed up on Thursday. Wouldn't expect a lot more tonight.

Kick 'em in the teeth early and play 40 minutes of "big boy" basketball is what I expect. 80-65 Rabbits. This starts the road winning streak.

Question: If IPFW beats So. Utah tonight and the Jacks win, do they get the #5 seed?

Comment

The concrete it cracking on the dam. Better have your waders ready.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
          This is it. It all ends tonight.

Centenary has lost 8 straight games and are mailing it in (though they played the Bison well). 500 showed up on Thursday. Wouldn't expect a lot more tonight.

Kick 'em in the teeth early and play 40 minutes of "big boy" basketball is what I expect. 80-65 Rabbits. This starts the road winning streak.

Question: If IPFW beats So. Utah tonight and the Jacks win, do they get the #5 seed?

The way I read it SFJack, is that the answer is no - based on SUU's upset of the Humped Ones in Fargo. A higher quality conference win is one of the top tiebreakers. (Jacks is Oakland, if we'd have beaten ORU we'd be in the hunt based on the outcome of the Bison-ORU tonight). Since SUU beat a higher-ranked team, I believe they've got Jacks on tiebreaker.

That's why Nagy said the Oakland win was so big at the time. It gave us an edge over teams that had not beaten the top three.

Comment

does Centenary still have tournament hopes? I believe they do, if WIU loses at home to IUPUI... Anyone else know? (Apologize if it's been answered elsewhere).

Comment

Jackrabbit men by more than 10 this afternoon in the Golden Dome (hey, I've seen that place--just from the outside--and it looks a little like a do-it-yourself geodesic dome project like one would see on the cover of Popular Science from about 1969. I recall filbert describing the interior from his visit there...sounds a little tired).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Jackrabbit men by more than 10 this afternoon in the Golden Dome (hey, I've seen that place--just from the outside--and it looks a little like a do-it-yourself geodesic dome project like one would see on the cover of Popular Science from about 1969. I recall filbert describing the interior from his visit there...sounds a little tired).
                I understand they've done some renovations since I've been there--it needed it.

It's really not a bad little arena, but it definitely needed some sprucing up.

This is a dangerous game for both teams, I think . . . Centenary absolutely needs this game, which means they might come in tight, or tighten up as the game progresses, whereas if the Jacks have their head straight, they can just go play loose and easy. They don't need this game. The Gents do. But on the other hand, the Gents should definitely have the overall edge in intensity--and the Jacks have problems matching opponents when they ratchet up their intensity level.

Could go either way.

I'll get on board with a 10 point + Jackrabbit win just 'cause my natural state is incorrigibly optimistic cynic. (It's not easy, let me tell you!)
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I understand they've done some renovations since I've been there--it needed it.

It's really not a bad little arena, but it definitely needed some sprucing up.

This is a dangerous game for both teams, I think . . . Centenary absolutely needs this game, which means they might come in tight, or tighten up as the game progresses, whereas if the Jacks have their head straight, they can just go play loose and easy. They don't need this game. The Gents do. But on the other hand, the Gents should definitely have the overall edge in intensity--and the Jacks have problems matching opponents when they ratchet up their intensity level.

Could go either way.

I'll get on board with a 10 point + Jackrabbit win just 'cause my natural state is incorrigibly optimistic cynic. (It's not easy, let me tell you!)

So the Gents still have a shot at the tournament with a win?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    So the Gents still have a shot at the tournament with a win?
                    The way I understand it, they're in with a win and a Western loss, or something like that.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Come on guys.. GO get them... put together 40 mins...

You deserve this win.

Comment

On a positive note the video for the womens game is now on gojacks. on a negative note the game has been over for about thirty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          On a positive note the video for the womens game is now on gojacks. on a negative note the game has been over for about thirty minutes.
                          Funny.

Not funny 'ha ha' funny, but funny 'roll your eyes' funny.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not that I could do better, but that was terrible.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Not that I could do better, but that was terrible.
                              You're being too kind Rowdy. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X