Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball Year in Review

Up at sdsufans.com:
    The most difficult Jackrabbit men's basketball season in recent memory ended with a 95-82 loss to Cal State Fullerton in California. The Jackrabbits finish 9-20 for the season, going 6-6 at Frost Arena, 2-14 on the road, and 1-0 at a neutral site (as Coach Nagy said, "Not many people can say they've won at Rupp Arena, and we can.&quot

The Jackrabbits, beginning the second of a five-year transition from Division II to Division I, faced a grueling schedule. Kentucky, Illinois, Marquette, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Nebraska, Butler, Utah State, and San Diego State highlighted an ambitious schedule that had only one non-Division I game as a potential breather.

The early season loss of guard/forward Steve Holdren at the earlier CSU-Fullerton game in Brookings in December foreshadowed what became a nightmare season.

. . .
    (As an aside . . . want to write your own summary, on men's basketball, women's basketball, wrestling, equestrian, whatever? Sign up at sdsufans.com and become an Internet Journalist (aka blogger), or just comment on the stories that are already up over there. Then, come back over here and discuss it some more!)
    "I think we'll be OK"
Working...
X