Reality Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check

It's Mechelle Voepel, and it's talking about Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, but a lot of it has echoes of where the SDSU men's program has been and is going.

Especially entertaining are the comments. I think I liked this one the best:
    Players without passion.
    Players without a competitive drive.
    Players not giving enough effort.
    Almost makes you wonder who recruited them.
    And amazingly enough, it's not about Scott Nagy!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Reality Check

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    It's Mechelle Voepel, and it's talking about Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, but a lot of it has echoes of where the SDSU men's program has been and is going.

Especially entertaining are the comments. I think I liked this one the best:

And amazingly enough, it's not about Scott Nagy!
    I still think way to much blame is being placed on the players. If one must blame them, then the person ultimately responsible for recruiting them must be held accounatble.

Comment

I was just amused by how short the fuse was with some Vol fans (I assume, anyway, that they were Vol fans) regarding the winningest college basketball coach of all time.

Fans are fans everywhere . . . when things go wrong (even the kinda-sorta-short term dip that Tennessee is seeing) then they start looking for someone to blame. I'm occasionally as guilty of it as anyone else, Lord knows.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
        I still think way to much blame is being placed on the players. If one must blame them, then the person ultimately responsible for recruiting them must be held accounatble.
        You are right. Pat Summitt has to go!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
          You are right. Pat Summitt has to go!

Go State!
          No kidding, she has been there so long, how can she relate to today's players. I mean really, its not like they've won the whole thing recently.

Oh wait.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I can't beleive how much she yells at hers players too! She will never be successful doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              I can't beleive how much she yells at hers players too! She will never be successful doing that.

i saw her stomp her foot a couple times too

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                i saw her stomp her foot a couple times too
                Yeah but has she ever done it barefoot?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                X