• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly-Official Game Thread

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Banana cream pie for me

I will also take some of that.

So how about them Yankees can anyone else believe how much money they spent this offseason. One can only hope they don't even make the playoffs. That would most definitely make my day.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      can anyone else believe how much money they spent this offseason
      When do you suppose it will occur to Cashman, et al., that throwing more money at a problem that has not, to date, been solved by money, is a bad idea?

I mean, do these guys sit around and say stuff like, "Gee, do you think our payroll is too low to win the series?"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        When do you suppose it will occur to Cashman, et al., that throwing more money at a problem that has not, to date, been solved by money, is a bad idea?

I mean, do these guys sit around and say stuff like, "Gee, do you think our payroll is too low to win the series?"
        Or when does the rest of baseball get a salary cap so these players don't make ridiculous salaries.

Seriously, A-Fraud make over $150,000 a game.......A FREAKING GAME. Sorry, but the dude isn't worth that much. I am not sure any human being alive is.

Comment

On another note, Zoop, do you have anymore pictures of old refrigerators. If so maybe we can get this thread drifted so far out to sea that the mods are forced to shut it down.

Comment

I'm not one to defend the Yankees, but does anyone realize that the Yankees payroll is lower this year?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Speaking of fridges, that Kelvinator up there would have been sweet to have if it was newer. That would have been fun to put my kegerator in rather than my parents old Frigidaire.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                Speaking of fridges, that Kelvinator up there would have been sweet to have if it was newer. That would have been fun to put my kegerator in rather than my parents old Frigidaire.
                Mostly, I was looking for pictures of that kind of fridge when I went out looking for old fridges.

--

Baseball ain't gonna get a salary cap, as the player's association has far too much clout, and the owners are willing to stab each other in the back....

The league, IMO, is just going to hobble along until it collapses...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I'm not one to defend the Yankees, but does anyone realize that the Yankees payroll is lower this year?
                  Hey now, let's not cloud this thread of with facts. It's been nothing but an opinion thread until you go and throw that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle
                    Filbert, to be polite, you haven't mastered the knowledgeable part of understanding college basketball.

You are the classic, "What have you done for me lately" fan. Moss has stepped in and played well no doubt. But, believing this team is better with Sargent out is ridiculous.

The correct statement should be, "This team is better with Sargent and Moss on the court together."

Careful what you wish for.
                    VC, you seem like a knowledgeable guy. Would you agree that the best combination SDSU can throw out is Moss, Callahan, Sargent, AC and Kai?

It seems like that is the most athletic and talented group, but they don't get used together enough (from what I have seen, anyways).
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Filbert, to be polite, you haven't mastered the knowledgeable part of understanding college basketball.

You are the classic, "What have you done for me lately" fan. Moss has stepped in and played well no doubt. But, believing this team is better with Sargent out is ridiculous.

The correct statement should be, "This team is better with Sargent and Moss on the court together."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                        VC, you seem like a knowledgeable guy. Would you agree that the best combination SDSU can throw out is Moss, Callahan, Sargent, AC and Kai?

It seems like that is the most athletic and talented group, but they don't get used together enough (from what I have seen, anyways).
                        Rabbit,

I think that is our best lineup, if Sargent is healthy. I think the big thing to remember is, Dale hasn't been this consistent all year, its been 4 games. He had some great games here and there, but he also struggled in others. To his credit, he wasn't getting as many minutes either. But, to Nagy's credit, Dale didn't always deserve them either (I think we could go back and forth with that argument and both sides would be correct).

I think Dale being at the PG and having the ability to get into the lane will help this team tremendously. If he can get in the paint and finish or kick out to Garrett or Clint we are in much better shape than we were before Sargent's injury.

I think Sargent is the best handler and protector of the ball. But, Dale is our best penetrator, at least of late.

If we can be completely healthy by the start of tournament play, our injuries may be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Hey, hey. Enough with thread drift you two. Back to the topic at hand...pie and refridgerators.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post

Filbert was here?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                              Hey, hey. Enough with thread drift you two. Back to the topic at hand...pie and refridgerators.
                              ...this da## near made me fall off my chair. Classic!
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post

I know you are, but what am I?
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X