Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ndsu 2.0

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Time to give it up folks...nobody knows how any of these players (except Tviedt) are going to play next year...or how they stack up against other teams, including the Jacks. How could you tell, since the four seniors played most of the time in most of the games.

We're pretty comfortable as to where the Jacks are going to be next winter, and if the Bison think there ready to reload, let 'em think that way. Proof will be on the court next year. Time to say bye, bye to this thread (for me at least!)
    second that emotion. thread for tonight's games already started under "Thursday Night Rubik's Cubes."

Comment

Lundberg...great last name from a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe Lundberg was a walk-on at UNI. He transferred to NDSU and they gave him a scholarship.
        I'm only responding because you asked to be corrected. Lundberg was to be a non-scholy player at UNI for a redshirt year with a promise for a 4-year scholarship to follow. Source: http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=605853

Lundberg would not likely have ever seen a lot of playing time at UNI, but he will probably be a major contributor for NDSU next year. It is possible that Felt thought he would play sooner at NDSU than SDSU (and that is likely true), but it certainly isn't the only reason for his choice. Bottom line is SDSU wanted him, and they lost a head-to-head battle with the Bison. It always stings to lose to a rival, whether on the court/field or in a recruiting battle.

FWIW, I do think that SDSU will be better than NDSU next year (I hope I'm wrong), but the Jacks have some work to do to get to the top of the Summit. To reach their goals, I think they will also need some help from newcomes (Anthony Davis?) because I don't think the existing team is good enough. NDSU still has an open scholarship for next year. They may choose to bring in a JC player. If they find the right guy, that could make a difference in their prognosis for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermit View Post
          I'm only responding because you asked to be corrected. Lundberg was to be a non-scholy player at UNI for a redshirt year with a promise for a 4-year scholarship to follow. Source: http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=605853

Lundberg would not likely have ever seen a lot of playing time at UNI, but he will probably be a major contributor for NDSU next year. It is possible that Felt thought he would play sooner at NDSU than SDSU (and that is likely true), but it certainly isn't the only reason for his choice. Bottom line is SDSU wanted him, and they lost a head-to-head battle with the Bison. It always stings to lose to a rival, whether on the court/field or in a recruiting battle.

FWIW, I do think that SDSU will be better than NDSU next year (I hope I'm wrong), but the Jacks have some work to do to get to the top of the Summit. To reach their goals, I think they will also need some help from newcomes (Anthony Davis?) because I don't think the existing team is good enough. NDSU still has an open scholarship for next year. They may choose to bring in a JC player. If they find the right guy, that could make a difference in their prognosis for the season.
          This is a good response. Thanks for clearing up Lundberg's situation. Sometimes things are of a difference substance then the appearing form that we see. A walk on from UNI suggests some marginallity, but if they got more prospects than scholarships then they are nearly force to gamble with the route that UNI took. It did not work for UNI, but NDSU may be the benefactor here. I would not be surprised that Lundberg is a legitimite contributor next year and for the rest of his career. Not sure how the Bison will do, but I dont count them as a basement team in the SL either.

Comment

FWIW, I do think that SDSU will be better than NDSU next year (I hope I'm wrong), but the Jacks have some work to do to get to the top of the Summit. To reach their goals, I think they will also need some help from newcomes (Anthony Davis?) because I don't think the existing team is good enough.
            In case you were wondering and I'm assuming you are. Anthony Davis is a JuCo transfer from Iowa that is red-shirting this year due to injury. Some sort of mysterious knee injury in which they don't know if he'll ever recover from. He's a big man (6'10") and we had high hopes for him coming into this year. Thankfully Anthony Cordova has been much improved this year but to think what we would have been with his improvement and Davis playing this year?

We hope to have Davis next year but I don't think anyone, including him, knows at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Lundberg...great last name from a great movie.
              yeah "Office space" very funny

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                FALL 2009 NDSU:

Drew Lundberg (UNI Transfer) or Zastrow (wisc #6 recruit)
                Josh Vaughn (Mike Felt)
                Twiedt
                Coleman
                Flowers. (Nagle sioux city kid)

Now, Im in NO WAY comparing them to this years team, but with the summit, I can easily see a #2,3,4 seed in the summit tourney.

SDSU will be much improved next year and I imagine fight for a #4, #5 seed.
                I think some times Lakes gets picked on a little hard. I really have to laugh at this comment though.
                NDSU scored 183 points against SDSU this year, 136 of them came from your seniors. That means NDSU has 47 total points coming back from 2 games. SDSU has everybody back but a couple points from Casey and Wipf. It's alway good to be hopeful though.

Comment

I think the existing team is good enough to get up there. SDSU has 9 loses in league this season. They had a total of 3 wins last year and that's up to 7 this year. It could get up to 8(or 9). That would be a 5 game improvement.
                  Look at some of their loses.
                  NDSU's seniors scored 136 of their 183 points. That's only 47 points coming back. SDSU should have beat them here. SDSU got killed up there but NDSU's seniors will be gone next year and SDSU will have Sargent back with others. That will make the game much closer and SDSU could have a chance to win up there.
                  They lost by 9 to Oral Roberts. ORU had 45 of their 85 points scored by seniors.
                  They lost by 5 to Oakland. OU only had 30 of their 86 points scored by seniors so they'll have a lot coming back.
                  They only lost by 2 to UMKC. I don't see that happening again next year.
                  They lost in OT to Southern Utah. Southern Utah had 39 of their 85 points scored by seniors.
                  They lost by 3 to Western Illinois. Western had 39 of their 62 points scored by seniors.
                  The point I'm trying to get across is SDSU was in 6 of those games and they are easily winnable next year. Two games were in OT and the others were by 2, 3, 5 and 9 points. I included the 9 point game because over half the points were scored by seniors. In 5 of those loses, seniors scored over 1/2 of their points.
                  SDSU could easily be 13-5 in the league next year. I could be a LITTLE BIASED but they could be 11-5 right now. I'm counting the NDSU(home OT), UMKC(road blow big lead), Southern Utah(road OT) and Oakland games. SDSU should be in the top 3 in the league next year.

Comment

i met zastrow's family and some people in wisconsin for the UW-milwaukee game.. I am related to Felt's HS Coach..

I see these two stepping right in, not even worried about you guys at all.

plus there's a JUCO out there, *wink* but I wont divulge that, well, maybe if someone's mom on here asks...

Comment

Working...
                    X