2006 Conference and NCAA Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Conference and NCAA Tournaments

I thought it might be interesting to track our opponents this year as they progress through their conference and the NCAA tournaments.

For instance . . .

On ESPNU, Butler is currently demolishing Wisconsin-Green Bay in the Horizon League semi-finals.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 2006 Conference and NCAA Tournaments

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs. Butler: Horizon League Tournament Championship and automatic bid; Tuesday Night on ESPN 8:00 (Central Time)

Go Panthers!!

Comment

Either way an SDSU opponent gets in to the Big Dance.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Just goes to show how tough our schedule really was this year. I hope to see some more mid-major foes on the schedule in the next few years.

Comment

I really wouldn't mind a schedule next year chock-full of cupcake D-I schools.

Give our team a chance to get their legs underneath them, something they really haven't had a chance to do the past couple of years.

Let's get after it a bit more next year, 2007-08, ramping up to a big-time schedule in 2008-09, when we're tournament-eligible. (Only three years away now, y'all . . . )
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Denver beat Middle Tennessee St. in Sun Belt Tourney.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Tonight on ESPN is the Horizon League Championship between Butler and UW-Milwaukee. They are two of the better teams we saw in Frost this year.

Comment

Not an opponent, but the conference we're most likely to get into--the Mid-Con, Oral Roberts wins over Chicago State 85-72 to go Dancing.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

87-71, Wisconsin-Milwaukee defeats Butler for the Horizon League championship.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    87-71, Wisconsin-Milwaukee defeats Butler for the Horizon League championship.
                    UW-Mil looked good last night. They could pull an upset if the can grab a 12 seed or higher. I wish I could have seen Butler at Frost this year. Anyone who was around and didn't attend that game should be regretting that decision now.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

UW-Mil looked good last night.  They could pull an upset if the can grab a 12 seed or higher.  I wish I could have seen Butler at Frost this year.  Anyone who was around and didn't attend that game should be regretting that decision now.
                      Butler absolutley schooled the Jacks. I think we were more athletic, but they were one of the most fundamently sound teams I have seen. I don't think they had a player over 6'6 who played significant minutes, but they shoot and pass well and box out and play good team defensive. The Jacks were never in the game and it wasn't fun from a fan of the Jacks perspective, but you had to admire the way Butler played in Frost. Butler's weaknesses were exposed last night, but they never gave up. I would love to get in the Horizon.

Comment

I agree with JackGuy II. The game at Frost was not an enjoyable one to watch, even if you were a Butler fan. Absolute blowout. I was especially dissapointed because I took one of my friends that was visiting from Penn State to show him what a BBall game outside the Big 10 was like. Big mistake. There was no crowd and Jacks didn't show up to play.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell
                          I agree with JackGuy II. The game at Frost was not an enjoyable one to watch, even if you were a Butler fan. Absolute blowout. I was especially dissapointed because I took one of my friends that was visiting from Penn State to show him what a BBall game outside the Big 10 was like. Big mistake. There was no crowd and Jacks didn't show up to play.
                          Supports my point. Its clear that a large number of people don't understand how talented these teams from the mid-major conferences are. Here is Butler, a team that may be in the NCAA tourney, and people don't come out to see the game. Instead, they show up for a team like Southwest State or Morningside because of name recognition. Granted, not competing doesn't help but I definitely think there is a large component of ignorance that needs to be overcome.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Greg Doyel's Awards on www.sportsline.com

Independents
                            Player of the Year: Chris Daniels, Texas A&M-CC

Freshman of the Year: Ben Woodside, North Dakota State

Coach of the Year: Tim Miles, North Dakota State

Last word: N.D. State's win at Wisconsin was upset of the season.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas.../story/9291040

Comment

Congrats to Woodside and Miles. I wouldn't trade Cadwell for Woodside. Look forward to seeing Hornby getting after Woodside next year!

Comment

Working...
                              X