Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potential SD Athlete Recruits for SDSU Men's

Originally posted by RonRabbit

I'm confused.  Alumguy...are you responding to questions about the status of Meckley?  Or, are you noting that another former player, not Meckley, was cheering for the Chips.  Bluehat wondered if that was Wasland.  Was it?  Wasland had attended NDSSS in Wahpeton and then came to SDSU but I think she dates a guy on NDSU's men's team.  Is Wasland still on campus?  
    Do we care?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD

Do we care?
      No I really don't care. This conversation is kind of dumb. I believe we still have the Bill of Rights, and can cheer for any team at any game as long as you dont toss objects on the floor as did happen in the Class AA semi final game last night, which gave OGorman a free throw and helped them win in overtime. As an alum of BHS I should be disappointed and I am not. We got what we deserved and the youngster or adult throwing the cup and ice, probably is not off the hook just yet.

As far as Meckley, or Wasland or whoever keep on cheering. Its your right. ;D

Comment

Is there any way we can find out the identity of the kid (I hope it wasn't an adult!) who tossed out the cup of ice in the Brookings and O'Gorman game? We need to get that kid a scholarship to USD or Augie and keep him away from SDSU!

I really wanted the Brookings girls to win that game. They're a scrappy bunch who fought through a lot of really close games and they didn't deserve to have a "fan" mess it up for them.

Nicole Helsper of Brookings will be on the roster for SDSU next season.

Comment

The fan is a girl as reported in tonights sportscast. She confessed.

Comment

Yes it was a girl and from what I understand, one of the nicest girls around that just didnt understand the consequences.

Lets be honest though..12/24 at the free throw line didnt help.  I think the cup took the wind out of the Bobcats but it was the rest of the game that beat them.

Comment

I've talked to  some people who were at the game.  It sounds like the cup incident should not have been the determining factor.    

I was hoping Brookings would be in the finals.

Comment

The cup incident "DID NOT" cost Brookings the game. I believe the Brookings girls would be the first ones to admit that they did not play their best game. The incident was unfortunate. The rules state that a technical may be called. Personally, I think in a 2 o.t. state semifinal, that a no technical call was in order as much as when Liz Helsper got mugged driving to the basket at the end of the first o.t. Poor judgement on the officials part.

Comment

The young lady must have felt awful and I admire her for coming forward and confessioning. That took courage.

Most of us would wait for the video tapes to identify us or instead shrug it off and be in denial for the rest their lives.
                  Hopefully the young lady will not be punished to harshly.

Its does not change the results, nor does it help the Bobcats, as Rabbitden and others mentioned, you don't win games with 50 per cent free throw shooting.

Comment

The call made by the officials in that game is a symtom of a bigger issue with the game of basketball in South Dakota and that is flexibility. Maybe this needs to be a whole new thread, but I'm disgusted with the administrators in the state for not updating the game by increasing the number of allowable games,going with 18 minute halfs and a three point shot. I think the game has gotten extemely boring when a team will stall for a last shot with 2 1/2 minutes left in each quarter. Let's try and keep up with what other states are doing and mirror the college game. It's not fun for the players or fans.

Comment

I think we might be hearing more about Dale Moss of Brandon Valley. He is a very athletic 6'4 player who just put 19 points up on Lincoln in a win. Will be interesting to see how he can do against the twin towers of Pierre. Brandon has beat them once this year. Cadsev has indicated Nagy is intrigued by him. I think he will garner more attention in his senior year.

Comment

Watched about a quarter of the White River game over the internet to see Louie Krogman for the first time. Looked good from what I saw. Nice ballhandling and a smooth shot. Finished with 33 for the game. Amazing what he is doing this year as a sophomore.

Comment

Working...
                        X