Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Hein will not return for last season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hein will not return for last season.

Over in  Argus Leader Sports briefs I found the below short blurb:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

From Staff & Wire Reports

Article Published: 03/24/06, 1:55 am

Heien decides to not return to Jacks
    South Dakota State guard Eric Heien will not return to the men’s basketball team next year.

Jackrabbit coach Scott Nagy said Wednesday that the team's top 3-point shooter this year will forgo his senior season.

“Eric has another year of eligibility, but he's not going to come back,” Nagy said. “He’s getting married, and he’s getting ready to go onto chiropractic school. That’s completely understandable on his part.”

A 6-foot guard from Gettysburg, Heien averaged 5.1 points, 2.3 assists and 2.1 rebounds a game. He made 34 of his 44 field goals from 3-point range, shooting a team-best 41.5 percent from beyond the arc.

Heien, who sat out the 2004-05 season after transferring from Mount Marty College, started 19 games of the 27 games he played in this year as the Jackrabbits finished 9-20.

Re:  Eric Hein will not return for last seaso

Good luck to Eric has he pursues the professional career of his choice. He was a nice addition to this years team.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thank you Eric, best of luck in the future!

Go State! ;D

Comment

There is no doubt he played his heart out, but its amazing how our opponents so quickly caught on to the plays that were designed for his shot and how quick they covered every move he made.

I been watching the big dance this year like never before and its kind of scary, as the talent and the more presence of traps, pressure defense etc, makes its a completely different game than what we experienced in the NCC.

I do think that those who think the top NCC teams could beat the lower D1 schools would be in for a surprise if they actually did play.

I too wish Eric the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
          I been watching the big dance this year like never before and its kind of scary, as the talent and the more presence of traps, pressure defense etc, makes its a completely different game than what we experienced in the NCC.

I do think that those who think the top NCC teams could beat the lower D1 schools would be in for a surprise if they actually did play.
          I was thinking similar thoughts while watching last night. The teams on the court in the NCAA right now are in a totally different league than any team at any other level. It is remarkable how talented some of these 18 and 19 year old kids are. DII is miles away from DI, period!
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Considering what everyone expected out of Eric this season and what he ended up contributing to the team, I think Eric can feel like he had an incredibly successful season. Good luck in the future, Eric.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I suspect that when Eric left high school he didn't think he would wind up playing Division I basketball.

Congratulations to him, and good luck to him in his very, very bright future.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Eric really came in and gave us an outside presence when we needed it. This does open up another roster spot even though Eric was not on scholarship.

Comment

I wish Eric the best of luck in his future.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                  X