Family packages for basketball games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family packages for basketball games?

Was just checking out the Northern Iowa site and this popped up. I was just wondering if we offered anything similar at all to try to attract more families to games.

Re: Family packages for basketball games?

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Was just checking out the Northern Iowa site and this popped up. I was just wondering if we offered anything similar at all to try to attract more families to games.

We might have to switch the two prices around.

Comment

WIU and ORU also have this type of advertisements running when you go to their athletic pages. Personally, I find them a little annoying, but they are a great way of getting your message out to people who go to the website.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Has anybody shared this with Christi Williams? It's a good idea.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Has anybody shared this with Christi Williams? It's a good idea.
          I'm pretty sure the ticket office has run a special for a "family fun pack" but I don't know if they are available for every game or just select games. I've got the ticket office a call and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I'm pretty sure the ticket office has run a special for a "family fun pack" but I don't know if they are available for every game or just select games. I've got the ticket office a call and find out.
            Find anything out?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
              Find anything out?
              Sorry - I meant to say "I'd give the ticket office a call and find out." I didn't mean to allude to the fact I would do it myself.

Comment

I think what is unique about the UNI package is that its family oriented and concessions are part of the deal. I think it really helps those who have to reach for their wallets during the games to help the little people out of their instant needs and at the same time, the total cost is included in the package. I imagine UNI has some sort of concession tickets that are issued with the game tickets. Something like this seems workable with Aramark.

Seems like we have tried something similar, but I dont think the cost included concessions, but for families, thats an important. We are in a recession you know. A great opportunity to attract some of the real good fans who really can not afford or may not want to spend the money for entire season ticket. Its great, and I hope Christi reads this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  We are in a recession you know.
                  What!?!?!?

Gladys! Get my stockbroker on the phone and tell him to sell, sell, sell!
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    What!?!?!?

Gladys! Get my stockbroker on the phone and tell him to sell, sell, sell!
                    And Gladys says, there is nothing left to sell.

Comment

This would be a good idea for football games as well. Or I guess I should just say ALL SDSU events.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        And Gladys says, there is nothing left to sell.
                        Heheh...opened my 401k statement I got in the mail yesterday...just about gouged my eyeballs out with a spoon..but I digress...

I love the idea of a concession/ticket package.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

And as a parent of an 8 yr old, I would love it if they made a special section for it. I would love to sit in the middle of the student section, especailly at the NDSU games, but not with my daughter. As you move out and away from that area for well attended games, we have at times decided it was better to move than to try and explain what was happening around us. Nothing that would have warranted getting security, just discussion I'm not sold on having yet. Designate an area and the students know that is a "family" zone so may behave better or sit not so close, and more likely that get more parents to buy the package.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                            And as a parent of an 8 yr old, I would love it if they made a special section for it. I would love to sit in the middle of the student section, especailly at the NDSU games, but not with my daughter. As you move out and away from that area for well attended games, we have at times decided it was better to move than to try and explain what was happening around us. Nothing that would have warranted getting security, just discussion I'm not sold on having yet. Designate an area and the students know that is a "family" zone so may behave better or sit not so close, and more likely that get more parents to buy the package.
                            This is a great idea. Maybe one section on the east and west sides and on on the south side. Although, having an actual policy of family friendly sections could inadvertently encourage worse behavior in other sections.

I know in the section I sat in (not near the student section), there were some guys behind me that threw out about 30 F-bombs during the course of the NDSU men's game (and they weren't NDSU fans talking about the officials). Some people just don't have any idea of how to act appropriately in public. If I had been the guy sitting in front of us with two young children I might not bring my kids back for a game.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Heheh...opened my 401k statement I got in the mail yesterday...just about gouged my eyeballs out with a spoon..but I digress...

I love the idea of a concession/ticket package.
                              That's why I haven't been opening mine. I'm better off not knowing and riding it out. Sorry for the thread drift...

Comment

Working...
                              X