2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

The Jacks have an offer out to Seth Tuttle, a 6-8 PF out of Sheffield, IA.

He also has an offer from UNI.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Tuttle-105820

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      The Jacks have an offer out to Seth Tuttle, a 6-8 PF out of Sheffield, IA.

He also has an offer from UNI.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Tuttle-105820

My in-laws used to live in Sheffield. It's a nice place, only about 1 & 1/2 hours from Cedar Falls.

It will be tough to beat UNI, as this is their backyard.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

It seems like we are recruting just a ton of size! I know we have Wolters, but how do all of these players project for future positions. Heemstra, Dykstra, Horstman, Fiegen, White, Carlson. I'm just wondering what position these guys will play? To me with little to no knowledge of their skills sets we are loaded at the 4 and 5. What does everyone else think and is going after another PF the best thing to do?
        *Just to be clear I'm not questioning Nagy's recruiting I'm just wondering.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          It seems like we are recruting just a ton of size! I know we have Wolters, but how do all of these players project for future positions. Heemstra, Dykstra, Horstman, Fiegen, White, Carlson. I'm just wondering what position these guys will play? To me with little to no knowledge of their skills sets we are loaded at the 4 and 5. What does everyone else think and is going after another PF the best thing to do?
          Heemstra, Dykstra & Fiegen are the only true 4-5 position players on your list. White & Carlson are both 1-3 type players, although I don't think White will play the point at SDSU for any extended period of time. From what I know of Horstman, is more of a 3. If we want to compete, athletic length is exactly what we need.

I would like to see a true 5 in the 2011 class, but so does every other school. Good ones are rare & highly sought after.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            After facing Oakland last night, I would think no one on here would be commenting or questioning the recruiting of additional height. How are you going to stop the likes of Keith Bensen unless you have some big guy like him that can move and not get tired. Most of guys over 6'9 that SDSU has had are projects, but we need one who can hit the ground running. Maybe this Tuttle guy can do that. I hope we get him.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
              Heemstra, Dykstra & Fiegen are the only true 4-5 position players on your list. White & Carlson are both 1-3 type players, although I don't think White will play the point at SDSU for any extended period of time. From what I know of Horstman, is more of a 3. If we want to compete, athletic length is exactly what we need.

I would like to see a true 5 in the 2011 class, but so does every other school. Good ones are rare & highly sought after.
              Seems that Heemstra with his size and shooting and passing abilities could play some 3. He should have enough speed since he played WR in football. He would create some mis-matches at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                After facing Oakland last night, I would think no one on here would be commenting or questioning the recruiting of additional height. How are you going to stop the likes of Keith Bensen unless you have some big guy like him that can move and not get tired. Most of guys over 6'9 that SDSU has had are projects, but we need one who can hit the ground running. Maybe this Tuttle guy can do that. I hope we get him.
                We won't have to worry about him after this season. There aren't a ton of really tall guys in the league after Benson. I think you have to also look at team speed to guard against. Look how quick Oakland was last night.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  We won't have to worry about him after this season. There aren't a ton of really tall guys in the league after Benson. I think you have to also look at team speed to guard against. Look how quick Oakland was last night.
                  Granted we dont have to worry about Benson after this year, but just wait and see more guys like him will show up and if we got notions of playing and winning games against the B-10 and B-12, and to go deep into the Big Dance, we need more skilled size than what we have now, thats what I am really saying. No matter how close and perfect our guys play, we are not going win the big games with the current size. Even NDSU seems to have figured that out. They got more 6-8 and up guys than what we have, and I wish we had Eric Carlson.

Comment

While I agree that it would be awesome to get a true 5, there are 181 DI schools and about 15-20 quality big men each recruiting year. Add another 50 or so projects, and over half DI schools would love a big guy but in reality aren't getting one.

Keith Benson probably falls into that project category. Redshirted, and his freshman year and played 13 minutes per game. Last season he averaged about 14 points 8 rebounds. This will likely be the last year we face him, as a Junior. There's no doubt he's the best center in the league, but personally, I think he gets over-hyped due to his supposed NBA potential.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

As BTown mentioned on the 2010 thread.

Nick Wuebker from Iowa is getting looks from Nagy and staff. Ranked 22nd in Iowa. Pretty sure he was at the game Saturday night.

http://iahoops.blogspot.com/2009/04/...-rankings.html
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        As BTown mentioned on the 2010 thread.

Nick Wuebker from Iowa is getting looks from Nagy and staff. Ranked 22nd in Iowa. Pretty sure he was at the game Saturday night.

http://iahoops.blogspot.com/2009/04/...-rankings.html
                        Are you sure it was Wuebker? I wonder if the player you saw was maybe Seth Tuttle?

He is about the same size as Wuebker and is said to have an offer from us too. He is ranked quite a bit higher than Wuebker on the lists you provided.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=941961

Here is the preview of the Rivals top 75 of 2011.

Wuebker is 16 with Tuttle 17. Shane Benton(I thought we were recuting him at one time) is listed at 14.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            Are you sure it was Wuebker? I wonder if the player you saw was maybe Seth Tuttle?

He is about the same size as Wuebker and is said to have an offer from us too. He is ranked quite a bit higher than Wuebker on the lists you provided.
                            Sure seemed taller than 6'8" but it could have been either one. I should have just asked Klink but my arms were full of hot dogs.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I did a little search on facebook. It was Nick Wuebker, absolutely no doubt about it.

I did not see Seth Tuttle on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Tuttle has a ton more interest from major DI schools including Wisconsin, Mich State, Iowa, etc.. Creighton, UNI, several other mid-majors interested as well.

More on Wuebker:

Emmetsburg (IA) 6'8" forward Nick Wuebker told IowaPreps.com, "South Dakota State has been calling me. The University of South Dakota is also interested but they haven't offered. Cornell University and The Citadel have also been calling." Meanwhile, fellow Iowan, PCM-Monroe 6'2" Josh Fosenburg told IowaPreps, "I've gotten a couple of letters from Cornell University, Upper Iowa, Luther, St. Cloud, and some others ones too."

Comment

Working...
                                X