2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

I believe today is signing day (it might be tomorrow), though from all the reports I've seen/heard the earliest I'd expect a signing would be this weekend. Signing day runs until the middle of May, though recruiting can occur right up until classes start, however there is no LOI and therefore not binding.

Reports expect Nagy & Staff to bring in up to 3 recruits, currently 3 known offers are extended.

Comment

Jarrell Crayton verballed to Boise State. Tough loss of a recruit but I'm surprised he didn't go higher.

Comment

Per TV's twitter, Jerrell Crayton has signed with Boise St.

2nd recruit we lost to Boise St this year with ND's Joe Hanstad also going to the Broncos.

Comment

With this news, if the Jacks don't get a LOI signed this weekend by Cougill or Baker expect the spring process to be somewhat slow. However as Terry mentioned on the radio show, the Jacks 3 best D-I players (Wolters, Kai, and Garrett Callahan) were signed in the spring period and not on the first day, Kai and Callahan were very late in the process.

Comment

I moved three posts from this thread to the Cody Larson II thread under College Athletics. Lets keep this thread limited to 2011 SDSU recruits. Thanks.

JackJD

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I moved three posts from this thread to the Cody Larson II thread under College Athletics. Lets keep this thread limited to 2011 SDSU recruits. Thanks.

JackJD
              I don't see why all this moving of posts is necessary when this is a forum.. hmm

Comment

Originally posted by StefaniGermanotta View Post
                I don't see why all this moving of posts is necessary when this is a forum.. hmm
                because there is a thread for him, this is a recruitment thread and he is currently a member of another team. If he is released and SDSU is mentioned then it can become relevant.

On the other hand, hows the weather? are the recruits coming on visits, both basketball and football going to be able to make it in?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  because there is a thread for him, this is a recruitment thread and he is currently a member of another team. If he is released and SDSU is mentioned then it can become relevant.

On the other hand, hows the weather? are the recruits coming on visits, both basketball and football going to be able to make it in?
                  lmao! sthu!

Comment

2011 Jack recruits is a much more interesting and fitting topic for this thread than Larson's latest step toward thewasteland of humanity. I certainly wish Brookings would get some sunshine to show BB recruits who are expected to visit campus this weekend. The spring FB game probably will be a sloppy mess. I'm guessing it's a an ugly day across eastern South Dakota.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I guess we can hope that the recruits that are visiting NDSU this spring are afraid of water!!

As far as MBB recruits - I'm hoping they have a great weekend in Brookings and we hear some news quickly.

Comment

I watched Hanstad in the recent AAU deal here and he was the guy who stood out the most. I think he has a bright future. I would love to see us get the big body Cougill. We need a foot soldier.

Comment

I hope the weather doesn't prevent us from getting the recruits in this weekend. It is snowing all day in Yankton with accumulation.

Comment

It's windy and chilly hear in Brookings, but no snow. A little rain, but nothing too much. What will tomorrow bring?
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

UALR fan here. The word in Little Rock is that Ron Baker is visiting your campus this weekend and will then decide between the Jackrabbits and UALR. We really need a shooter badly, having graduated our top 3 three point shooters, and apparently he can shoot. According to our best source (Burn the Horse blog- written by our former beat writer with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette) we've spent a lot of time recruiting him. He now is apparently getting serious attention from some higher profile schools (eg. Wichita State), but has told them he will sign with UALR or SDSU because these schools have been recruiting him all along. Got to like a kid like that. Honestly, I don't know much about your school. UALR has a beautiful, new oncampus arena (5600 seats) and a growing campus, but has trouble getting attention in this hog-crazy State. Our biggest drawback for years, is that we were almost completely a commuter campus. We have built some dorms- another will be completed soon- but it's hard to overcome that label. I always pull for low/midmajors, so I wish you guys luck in general, but I really hope we can land Mr. Baker. No idea how he is leaning or what will determine his final decision. I'd like to think our NCAA berth this year will help, but who knows. Good luck and hopefully he'll make his decision early next week, so one of us can move on to the next guy on the recruiting list.

Comment

Welcome to our board, MJS, and thanks for your post!

Comment

Working...
                                X