2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

3 athletic players (2 sg/sf types and a C) would be ideal...

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I heard that they are looking at bringing in another guard this year, as well as 2 post players. That was the plan of action.

The two bigs that they are actively recruiting are

Brennan Cougill- Iowa/Kirkwood CC (the Jacks have had a coach at most of his games this year according to the local paper) supposedly he has lost 30 lbs and really developed a post game

Jarrell Crayton- Sheridan CC - They played BHSU in an exhibition this year, the players told me he was the best guy they played this year (they played Northern Colorado) and was a very athletic player. hes 6'7" really athletic, from Omaha, supposedly participated in camps both at SDSU and USD growing up.

On a kinda related note I heard Cory Jacobson is going to DWU? Can anyone confirm that? I heard it last night, the guy didn't know if it was for football, basketball or both.

Comment

here is an article from gopherhole on Jarrell Crayton http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1351

they are apparently recruiting him.

Comment

here is an article from gopherhole on Jarrell Crayton http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1351

they are apparently recruiting him.

If the answer to the third question is true, this kid is exactly who SDSU needs!
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here is an article on Cougill http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...f5c8e8787.html

Comment

Hopefully Clint can give a good word for us with his former teammate Cougill. He would be a great get. Zach Monaghan scored 28 of his teams 44 points as they advanced in their sectionals. He is averaging 22 pts/game this year. Contrary to what Stu says, we are getting better and I am very excited to see what we add in the late signing period.

Comment

Zach Monaghan's season came to an end last tuesday and hes looking forward to his sdsu career. im from suburban chicago and ive seen him play probably 10 times. he can flat out ball. but he does need to hit the weight room to excell at the college level, but his basketball IQ could give him a little help. heres an article of when he was named the all area captain that kinda sums up his high school career.

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/story/?id=427679

Comment

Originally posted by chitown3 View Post
                Zach Monaghan's season came to an end last tuesday and hes looking forward to his sdsu career. im from suburban chicago and ive seen him play probably 10 times. he can flat out ball. but he does need to hit the weight room to excell at the college level, but his basketball IQ could give him a little help. heres an article of when he was named the all area captain that kinda sums up his high school career.

Thanks for the local info on Zach.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by chitown3 View Post

Great article. Looking forward to great things from Zach.

Comment

A Bearsss fan, yeah!!!

Comment

Nagy said getting stronger and learning to play defense at the college level will be vital. But he also thinks Monaghan can thrive where he won't necessarily have multiple defenders chasing him everywhere.
                      "We tend to play a little smaller so we need someone who can shoot it," said Nagy, whose 19-11 team this season was one of the NCAA leaders in 3-point field-goal percentage. "Not only can he shoot it but he can create shots for other people with his passing and ballhandling skills."
                      I'm excited about this young man, it seems like he has the potential to be a scorer. It seems like redshirt year would do both Zach's some good, but I don't think Nagy will have that option.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        I'm excited about this young man, it seems like he has the potential to be a scorer. It seems like redshirt year would do both Zach's some good, but I don't think Nagy will have that option.
                        Really? I think there's a good chance that at least 1 if not both of them will redshirt if the coaching staff can pick up a JUCO big man. The guard position isn't a true need right now and the only way both of them play is if they need to move people out of position to the 4 spot again.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Really? I think there's a good chance that at least 1 if not both of them will redshirt if the coaching staff can pick up a JUCO big man. The guard position isn't a true need right now and the only way both of them play is if they need to move people out of position to the 4 spot again.
                          I don't know about redshirting Nagy generally doesn't redshirt a guy if they can help the team.

Comment

I don't know about redshirting Nagy generally doesn't redshirt a guy if they can help the team.
                            I think a better way to say it is that Nagy hasn't had the luxury of red-shirting guys in the D-I era. He didn't usually play freshmen much if at all in the D-II era.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can see Monagan redshirting and Hortsman playing as a true freshman.

PG - JR Wolters/SR Stephenson
                              SG - SO White / SO Carlson
                              SF - SR Callahan /
                              PF - SO Dykstra
                              C - JR Fiegen / SO Heemstra

We already have depth at the combo guard spots that Monagan would play. I really liked what I saw from Brayden this past season, especially later in the year.

Hortsman plays more of the 2/3 where we are more thin.

This is assuming that we gain another post next year and play 2 posts at one time again instead of going with Garrett at the 4.

Comment

Minnesota received a verbal from a JuCo this week out of California, http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1364

From the sounds of it that means they are out on Crayton and probably done with recruiting for this year, now if Tubby leaves (I doubt he does because he finds away to get his name brought up for a half a dozen jobs every off-season so he can get another contract extension) all things could change.

Comment

Working...
                                X