Payton Tivis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payton Tivis

I don't know much about Payton Tivis. Is he on scholarship? If not, will Nagy consider giving him a scholarship for the next two years? His recent play might merit a scholarship.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Payton Tivis

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I don't know much about Payton Tivis. Is he on scholarship? If not, will Nagy consider giving him a scholarship for the next two years? His recent play might merit a scholarship.

Walk on

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      I agree, but suspect he is still a walk on.

Comment

in general, walk-ons only receive scholarships if there is one available for a year or 2 and rather then go get a JuCo they'll give it to a walk-on thats earned it...

Kinda like they did with Mackenzie Casey... that scholarship was already planned to be given to one of the Madison kids but it couldn't be used this year so they gave it to him...

Comment

I think our extra scholly should go to a JC big or the younger Callahan.

Comment

We got too much knowledge here, I just going to shut up and not say a word.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
              I think our extra chollie should go to a JC big or the younger Callahan.
              I'm pretty sure Griffan is on scholarship now...
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that Tivis was starting but not getting a lot of minutes. I've seen Payton play a few games in high school and college. He is not necessarily D1 material but is very smart and an extremely hard worker. Coach must like his work ethic because he will give everything he has at practice and at the game. Time to get him a scholarship? He should be given an academic one and save the atheletic one for someone who talent wise can bring more to the game and get us over this growing road block. He loves the game, he will stick around scholy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherrodent View Post
                  I thought it was interesting that Tivis was starting but not getting a lot of minutes. I've seen Payton play a few games in high school and college. He is not necessarily D1 material but is very smart and an extremely hard worker. Coach must like his work ethic because he will give everything he has at practice and at the game. Time to get him a scholarship? He should be given an academic one and save the atheletic one for someone who talent wise can bring more to the game and get us over this growing road block. He loves the game, he will stick around scholy or not.
                  I too impressed with Payton. He does deserve something, and yes Coach Nagy loves those with the work ethic and what coach would not. He is not too bad on defense either, which in my mind is our biggest hurdle right at the present.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherrodent View Post
                    Can't beat a kid who wants to be there and will keep his nose out of trouble.

Comment

I didn't see an answer posted to the scholarship for young Callahan, but currently he is not, but he tells my brother that he hopes to offered after the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X