• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: UMKC Game Thread

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    I would love to go tonight to the game since i only live a couple hours from KC. But there is no heat in my car at the moment, so I will listening to WNAX. Yes, I get WNAX all the way down in south east corner of Nebraska.
    No excuses! Get a couple cans of Sterno and some matches,....

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

I would love to go tonight to the game since i only live a couple hours from KC. But there is no heat in my car at the moment, so I will listening to WNAX. Yes, I get WNAX all the way down in south east corner of Nebraska.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

I agree that if the Jacks can get that first road win in the conference under their belts tonight, it could give them the confidence they need to continue the win streak the next game.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

Of the remaining conference road games, I think the game against UMKC may be the Jacks best opprotunity for a victory. If they can win one on the road tonight, it may get them out of the funk they are in on the road.

A win tonight on the road would be a huge boost in the confidence of this team. If they win tonight, I could see the Jacks finishing in the upper half of the conference. If they lose, it will be a dogfight to make the conference tourney.

I like our chances tonight though.

Go Big!!
    Go Blue!!
    Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• JackrabbitGuy
    replied

Nice to see all good press on the Jackrabbits, but this newspaper is cracked to put us at #3 in the conference power rankings.

Now, don't get me wrong I think with the state of the conference this year there is an opporunity to finish in the top half of this league. But there is no solid evidence to support that until we see how the team improves on the road over the rest of the season. So tonight is a very important game simply because it is a winable road conference game.

I will be listening, and I just hope to hear Mr. Imming passing on the description of an energized, passionate team tonight. Bring it from minute 1 to minute 40, Jacks!

Leave a comment:

• 89rabbit
    replied

A lot of love from the Kansas City Star for the Rabbits in their weekly conf. power rankings:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...ry/981876.html

TeamW-LComment

1. No. Dakota St. (2) 10-5 Took care of business at home
    2. Oral Roberts (5) 6-11 Hottest team in the league
    3. So. Dakota St. (7) 8-10 Important road game at UMKC
    4. Oakland (1) 10-9 Tough times; lost at Centenary
    5. West. Illinois (3) 6-10 Road brings them back to reality
    6. So. Utah (8) 5-11 Proved it can win on the road
    7. IUPUI (4) 9-7 Dakotas tough on Jaguars
    8. IPFW (6) 7-10 Fighting for final tourney spot
    9. Centenary (10) 3-14 Good enough to beat Oakland
    10. UMKC (9) 5-13 No league wins in January

Last week’s ranking in parentheses

. . . (read more)

Go State!

Leave a comment:

• 89rabbit
    replied

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/981883.html

UMKC coach, team upbeat despite losses

By DAVID BOYCE

The Kansas City Star

Rome wasn’t built in a day, UMKC athletic director Tim Hall said after the Kangaroos’ fifth straight loss.
    Every success story started with a failure, UMKC sophomore Bakari Lewis said.
    As the Kangaroos try to snap the longest losing streak in Matt Brown’s 1˝ years as UMKC coach, everybody involved in the program is trying to stay upbeat.
    “There’s a lot of positive feedback,” Lewis said. “Once we get on top, it’s going to be gold.”
    UMKC, 5-13 overall and 1-4 in the Summit League, hopes the turnaround begins at 7:05 tonight at Municipal Auditorium when it takes on South Dakota State.
    The Jackrabbits, 8-10 and 3-3, are in just their fifth year at NCAA Division I, but they already might be further along in the Division I process than UMKC, in its 22nd season. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Looking at UMKC they look alot like the Jacks.... Not very big.... have some good wins and some bad losses.......

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    started a topic UMKC Game Thread

UMKC Game Thread

Jacks square off against UMKC in Kansas City tomorrow night. This is the first of an important couple road games. Let's go out and win our first Summit game on the road tomorrow and keep the winning ways going. I will be in attendance for my first game of the season and I am pumped. Anyone else going to be in attendance? Raglan Road Pub beforehand?
Working...
X