X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU game thread

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Centenary wins by 20 over OU 80=60
    I wonder if Oakland fans are calling for their coaches head after they got blown out on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksbacker View Post
      seems contradictory... isn't stopping offensive rebounds an essential part of defense?
      Good defense can also mean not giving open shots, guarding the dribbler, denying passes to post.

Nice win for the guys. Maybe this will give them the confidence for the Saturday double header.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Or questioning his recruiting?
        Truth is this conference is no one's yet, and tonight proved it. Jacks can still be dangerous and very much a factor.

quote=Jacks-02;102685]I wonder if Oakland fans are calling for their coaches head after they got blown out on the road? [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by jacksbacker View Post

Or questioning his recruiting?
          Truth is this conference is no one's yet, and tonight proved it. Jacks can still be dangerous and very much a factor.

quote=Jacks-02;102685]I wonder if Oakland fans are calling for their coaches head after they got blown out on the road?
          [/QUOTE]

In the post game press conference, WIU's coach basically said they were physically outmatched against the Jacks. I'd say we have the athleticism to compete in the Summit.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
            Good defense can also mean not giving open shots, guarding the dribbler, denying passes to post.

Nice win for the guys. Maybe this will give them the confidence for the Saturday double header.
            I too was impressed. Of the six turnovers, one came early in the game where a pass probably intented for Clint Sargent managed to hit the inside of the big Daktornics sign in front of the scorer's table. Made a lot of racket and woke up the people who came in from the snow for a long winter's nap.

Comment

It sounded on the radio like Moss had a great game coming off the bench, and the starters were all solid. Congratulations, Jacks. Enjoy the victory. Thanks for restoring hope among fans.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Kai had a big game, 2 many people look at the points he scores and says he didn't have a great game but look at the rebounds, when he has 10 rebounds he has a good game and the team has a good game, when he doesn't rebound the team struggles..
                Well put joe
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Here are my impressions from last night:

1. We started the game with intensity and held that through the first 2/3 of the first half.

2. Got contribututions from pretty much everyone throughout.

3. I was really worried when we lost the intensity with 8ish to go in the first half which let them go on a run and get up 5-7 points. It wasn't a matter of WIU really picking it up to me. We just went flat. The cool thing is they responded in a big way and flat-out finished the job last night. Every time WIU made a big basket we responded. THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE ALL YEAR!

4. Kai had a big game. A very slow offensive first half where he didn't look for the shot and passed up a number of open looks. Second half he played like he is capable of. Rebounded very well all night.

5. Dale Moss was a huge spark last night. His athleticism was on full display on both ends of the floor. Several huge rebounds and tip-ins and was solid taking it to the hole.

6. AC was a beast underneath again. Always undersized but gets it done. He is really starting to get his shots to go and continues to build confidence.

7. Only six turnovers last night. A huge stat!

It was just a great team effort last night and a big win for the team. Let's not paint WIU out tobe Duke but they were the only undefeated team in the league. These are the games that we have to win in Frost Arena. SDSU has a team that can physically match up. We have the athletes. Confidence and consistency is what needs to improve.

There weren't a lot of people in Frost Arena last night but those that were saw a very, very good performance and they responded with a pretty vocal response.

We need to get another W on Saturday!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I purposely stayed away from the board for a while after the disaster against IPFW, and after we got home from watching my son in the Middle School play last night I was pleasantly surprised to see a win and a solid performance in this game.

I expect that this team may continue to be wildly inconsistent on the road, but if they can defend this homecourt and build some confidence there is always the ace-in-the-hole of the psuedo home game in the conference tournament if we finish in the top 8. This could make things really interesting come the first week in March, but only if this team continues to work and find its way. Today was a good day, and they just need to have more good days than bad days.

I might have to drive up to Brookings on Saturday afternoon for the doubleheader. Who's with me?
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                      I purposely stayed away from the board for a while after the disaster against IPFW, and after we got home from watching my son in the Middle School play last night I was pleasantly surprised to see a win and a solid performance in this game.

I expect that this team may continue to be wildly inconsistent on the road, but if they can defend this homecourt and build some confidence there is always the ace-in-the-hole of the psuedo home game in the conference tournament if we finish in the top 8. This could make things really interesting come the first week in March, but only if this team continues to work and find its way. Today was a good day, and they just need to have more good days than bad days.

I might have to drive up to Brookings on Saturday afternoon for the doubleheader. Who's with me?
                      Short drive for me but I'm there

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                        I'm already here but thanks for the ride offer.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Nice performance, great effort on defense and rebounding. Minimal turnovers which is the most impressive, I think.

Now, can we turn in a similar performance tomorrow night? The best possible sign that this team is turning the corner will be consistent effort on defense, rebounding, and handling the ball. You can't shoot well every night.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: Next Year's Team

The post game press conference video is up on GoJacks.com. Check it out...some really good comments in there from Nagy, Williams & Moss.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3642333

Comment

I didn't get a chance to listen to the game, but one stat that hasn't been mentioned much is the FT percentage. 15/18 for 83% is also a bright spot. Might reflect confidence and poise and is important to putting games away at the end.

Need to string a few together now and win a few on the road. If we step back before the start of the season, I think this would be an acceptable position for the team to be in.

Comment

[quote=JackrabbitGuy;102742
                                I might have to drive up to Brookings on Saturday afternoon for the doubleheader. Who's with me?[/quote]

I'd be glad to, but you'd have to leave early, I'm probably 180 miles out of your way. I'll just drive myself. If you see a fat guy limping like he needs to have his knee scoped in the next couple of weeks, you'll know I made it.

GBGBGJ
                                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X