Next 5 games are important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next 5 games are important

The next five games are all against teams of similar rankings and our record against them will go a long way in determing the overall success of the season. Here are our and our opponents with their Sagarin and RealtimeRPI rankings.
    .........Sagarin ... RealtimeRPI
    SDSU ... 224 ... 254
    IPFW ... 261 ...240 road game
    WIU ... 300 ... 314 home game
    IUPUI ... 192 ... 239 home game
    UMKC ... 227 ... 190 road game
    SUU ... 217 ... 282 road game

How many victories can we pull out?
    2.38%
    16.67%
    50.00%
    21.43%
    7.14%
    2.38%

The poll is expired.

Re: Next 5 games are important

I am being optimistic saying we can win 4 of them. Nothing to lose. No one asked for an ante, so I will keep my prediction on the table.

Comment

I'm going to say SDSU will beat WIU, UMKC and SUU.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I went with 3. Don't know which 3 though. Hope the guys prove me a pessimist.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm expecting at least 3 wins. We are shooting the ball well and have 2 games at home although IUPUI will be tough. If we keep shooting well we should get at least 1 win on the road, maybe 2 but to expect 4 out of 5 just doesn't seem realistic given the inconsistency of the program right now. Don't get me wrong, I think we could beat any of these teams on a given day, on the flip side, I think we could lose to any of these teams as well.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Should be a good shot at getting 3 games. Would be a huge boost at this point. Would be amazing to get 4 and disappointing to get 2 but not unlikely.

Comment

If we play like we did tonight, it'll be 0-5.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                It might 0-7 or 0-8...the league might give us a couple extra losses if we play as bad as we did tonight....
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                  With a average margin of loss approaching 40 points. I know, I know, its just one game but what a stinker to say the least.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I picked 3 before tonight's game. However, I am not sure I would change it. This team is so inconsistent they might win the next one by 30.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                      The next five games are all against teams of similar rankings and our record against them will go a long way in determing the overall success of the season. Here are our and our opponents with their Sagarin and RealtimeRPI rankings.
                      .........Sagarin ... RealtimeRPI
                      SDSU ... 224 ... 254
                      IPFW ... 261 ...240 road game
                      WIU ... 300 ... 314 home game
                      IUPUI ... 192 ... 239 home game
                      UMKC ... 227 ... 190 road game
                      SUU ... 217 ... 282 road game

How many victories can we pull out?
                      2-1 after the IUPUI game. Now's the time to get that 1st and 2nd road wins!

Comment

http://pembertonpoint.blogspot.com

This Oakland newspaper writer's blog is probably the best assessment of the Summit League out there. It is well balanced, and it definitely doesn't see the league through our blue/yellow or Bison Green/yellow lens.

Love his well reasoned power ratings (even if I don't always agree).

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I'm expecting at least 3 wins. We are shooting the ball well and have 2 games at home although IUPUI will be tough. If we keep shooting well we should get at least 1 win on the road, maybe 2 but to expect 4 out of 5 just doesn't seem realistic given the inconsistency of the program right now. Don't get me wrong, I think we could beat any of these teams on a given day, on the flip side, I think we could lose to any of these teams as well.
                          I'm still on board with 3 wins. I figured we would get WIU at home, the domination of IUPUI was a pleasant surprise. Split the next 2 and we will be in decent position.

Comment

Well, I shot for the moon with 4. Still think there is a chance with that pick. They keep the energy up against the next two teams like they did on Saturday, I'm right with 4. If they start off flat, I'm probably off by 1.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                            X