Spring signing day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring signing day

I don't know if the Jackrabbits will be adding any additional players, but tomorrow is the first day of the spring signing period.

Go State!

Re: Spring signing day

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    I don't know if the Jackrabbits will be adding any additional players, but tomorrow is the first day of the spring signing period.

Go State!  
    Perhaps Ben's timing had something to do with this? Purely speculation on my part. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I certainly hope their will be some announcements regarding a signing or two. Media surrounding major DI programs seem to be constanly reporting about recruits coming into town and stories about who the home town team is looking at. That kind of information does not seem to be relayed by our coaches top the media or at least not reported by anyone. Someone closer to Nagy might know the policy here.

Comment

Don't be surprised if nothing happens tomorrow (or ever) as we may need to wait on some kids who "fall to us".  Many kids wait until the late signing period in hopes that they can "play" their way into their dream spot.  Sometimes their reality is such that they end up at a different program that might be a better fit for them in the long run.  Until we are more established we will have a hard time being kids first choice, IMHO.

Go State!  

P.S. Coaches are not allowed to comment on recruits until after they have the letter of intent.  Even if the recruit tells the media he is committed (gives a verbal committment).  Most of the time you see these stories being dug up by the media talking to the player, his high school coach, AAU coach, or parents.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
          I certainly hope their will be some announcements regarding a signing or two. Media surrounding major DI programs seem to be constanly reporting about recruits coming into town and stories about who the home town team is looking at. That kind of information does not seem to be relayed by our coaches top the media or at least not reported by anyone. Someone closer to Nagy might know the policy here.
          I don't think the NCAA lets coaches comment on recruits until a Letter of Intent is signed.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I understand the ramifications around talking about a recruit before they have signed. I don't think ao the all the information is coming from the kid or there high school regarding who they are looking at or bringing in for a visit. I would like to see Solari more on top of this kind of information.

Comment

i would love to see a major spring signing however i doubt it is going to happen anytime soon up here. on to mr. solari, apparently he is on a tour of the us according to a friend who is close to him...and for a good image of our buddy solari check out this

check out the hat colors of the yellow and blue oh yah baby thats right. ;Dhe should do a special on the super fans of the sdsu athletic programs. i know some people who would make it a good story.

Comment

Busy morning on WNAX, they just anounced the Jacks have signed guard Ryan Hoogeveen(spelling?).

Comment

I Googled him and found out he is a Class 1A All-Stater.  Here is the most recent story that I could find:

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/arti...4800088e6c.txt

Area all stars will showcase talents
                  By Steven Allspach Journal sports writer

.  .  .  Orange City Unity Christian's Logan Kingma and Boyden-Hull's Ryan Hoogeveen were second-team INA boys all-staters. Gentry, Palmer, DeJong, Eekhoff, Harriman and Fluth were named to The Journal's All-Nothwest Iowa first team; Hoogeveen and Kingma to the second; Western Christian's Landegent and Hinton's Hans Vander Plaats to the third; Travis Brown of Maple Valley-Anthon-Oto, John Doely of Sheldon and Ehi Oamen of Le Mars Gehlen Catholic to the fourth; and Jason Rohe of Gehlen and Nathan Young of Sergeant Bluff-Luton to the fifth squad.  .  .  .

BOYS SIOUXLAND ALL-STARS

Curt Bomgaars, 5-10, MOC-Floyd Valley; Dale DeJong, 6-1, MOC-Floyd Valley; Travis Brown, 6-0, Maple Valley-Anthon-Oto; John Doely, 6-1, Sheldon; Michael Eekhoff, 6-1, Hull Western Christian; Brent Miller, 6-2, Rockwell City-Lytton; Jason Ahrens, 6-1, Mason City Newmann; Jason Rohe, 6-1, Le Mars Gehlen Catholic; Ryan Hoogeveen, 6-3, Boyden-Hull; Joe Knoer, 6-4, Ruthven-Ayrshire; Logan Kingman, 6-6, Orange City Unity Christian; Tyler Fluth, 6-7, George-Little Rock; Carlie Landegent, 6-7, Hull Western Christian; Dustin Huisman, 6-10, Central Lyon.  .  .  .

Go State!  

P.S. I wonder if he is related to Andrew Hoogeveen on our football team?  Same last name, both from NW Iowa, different high schools.  :-/

Comment

The Sportsshow stated that Ryan is a cousin of Andy's. Hope he is a 4-5 year keeper. good luck Ryan.

Go rabbits. Onward and Upward!

Comment

Here is the link from sdstate about Ryan.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5038

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack
                        Here is the link from sdstate about Ryan.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5038
                        That makes it sound like he is an invited walk-on.

Go State!

Comment

Thats exactly what it is.
                          GO JACKS!

Comment

No insider information here, but I'd imagine Ryan was told if he walked on and things worked out, he would have a good possibility of getting money in a year or 2 when some of our current Juniors graduate. Pure speculation on my point.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

For those who wonder what Ryan looks like, here is a picture of the White team at the Defender Gold All-Star Game.  Ryan is #7.

Ryan led the white team in scoring with 17 points.

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                              X