Dead Coyote/Rabbit Thrown onto Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Coyote/Rabbit Thrown onto Court

Not to brag, but I got us some national pub!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ily/index.html

Now if we can only renew the basketball rivalry and have Dickie V in Brookings for a game we'd be set.
    Last edited by TK22867; 12-13-2016, 11:23 PM.

Re: Dead Coyote/Rabbit Thrown onto Court

Good job but with respect get over the old rivalry because it aint going to happen. Bigger and better rivalries will emerge in time.

I never was a big fan of carrots (USD), rabbits(USD & AUGIE), coyotes(SDSU) & M&M's(USD) being thrown on the floor anyway.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Probably not the national kind of pub we are looking for.

Comment

I like it! Good job Andy.

By the way, I miss the old SDSU-USD games. They were alot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
          Good job but with respect get over the old rivalry because it aint going to happen.  Bigger and better rivalries will emerge in time.  

I never was a big fan of carrots (USD), rabbits(USD & AUGIE), coyotes(SDSU) & M&M's(USD) being thrown on the floor anyway.

GO JACKS!
          Don't exclude Augie from the Carrots category and seeing a coyote was fairly rare, at least the games I've been to.

Good days, but the Great are starting.

Comment

Nice work Andy. Some of my best memories from college are the repeated drubbings of USD and Augie.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I to miss the State-U games, they were always fun to go and watch the Rabbits take care of usdII. However there are greater games for us in the future. I also liked it when augie fans would start chanting "go back to the farm" when we would go into that crap hole of a gym and just pound them in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                Good job but with respect get over the old rivalry because it aint going to happen.  Bigger and better rivalries will emerge in time.  

GO JACKS!
                I realize the old rivalry will never happen again but it was sure fun while it lasted. We've got a long, long, long way to go before we ever develop a rivalry like the one we had with USD, but hopefully that rival will emerge when we gain conference affiliation or otherwise. Personally, I'm hoping for NDSU.

And to UWMandSDSU, I can think of some other much worse, bad press that SDSU is getting right now.

Comment

Where can we get a dead mastadon to toss the next time we play IPFW?

Comment

And to UWMandSDSU, I can think of some other much worse, bad press that SDSU is getting right now.

[/quote]

I completely agree with you that there is much worse press out their on the basketball team, but my point was I felt we have much better fans than USD and Augie and didn't want to be known as fans who throw dead animals onto the playing court.  We are much better than that.  

The rivalry was great and can be compared to Duke vs. North Carolina and Florida vs. Florida State.  But that was a Div II rivalry and hopefully we will create a Div I rivalry in the near future.  

Comment

i kind of miss those days of animal objects and food being tossed on the court. remember the one time against augie when they threw carrots and a rabbit and almost hit brian norberg. christian school kids always act the most mature :

Comment

Things are definitely tougher in D-1 when you don't have the 2-6 point advantage that the USD and Augie fans would give by throwing carrots and rabbits on to the court!

I kind of miss those games but I certainly don't miss the games that you knew SDSU would win by 60 before tip off. That was boring!

Having a conference will cure a lot of those woes. Hopefully it wil be with the Bison!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

heh we were an easy target cuz our mascot was kinda small imagine bringing a maverick or huskie or sioux or bison into an arena not very easy to do that.

Comment

Buffalo Chips would work well but who in their right mind wants to carry in one of them?

Probably a rabbid Rabbit fan!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X