This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State Game Thread

Anyone heading to Ames on the 23rd? My family and I will be driving through Ames on game day and I was curious what would be the best way to get good tickets (5) at an affordable price. I've never been to a Rabbit game on the road since the DII days and I thought this would be a good option.

Re: Iowa State Game Thread

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Anyone heading to Ames on the 23rd? My family and I will be driving through Ames on game day and I was curious what would be the best way to get good tickets (5) at an affordable price. I've never been to a Rabbit game on the road since the DII days and I thought this would be a good option.
    Stub Hub is always a good stop:
    http://www.stubhub.com/iowa-state-ba...3-2008-704904/

I got 4 field tickets for the SDSU-ISU football game for 15 dollars a piece.

Edit: Nevermind Stub Hub, they don't have any decent tickets available IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      Stub Hub is always a good stop:
      http://www.stubhub.com/iowa-state-ba...3-2008-704904/

I got 4 field tickets for the SDSU-ISU football game for 15 dollars a piece.

Edit: Nevermind Stub Hub, they don't have any decent tickets available IMHO.
      Iowa State Website: Have better seats available!

Comment

Christmas Break - Students are gone...playing SDSU = many decent seats available....scalp them if you can't find them at the ISU ticket office...they will be begging people to go, not to mention that ISU is struggling this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
          Christmas Break - Students are gone...playing SDSU = many decent seats available....scalp them if you can't find them at the ISU ticket office...they will be begging people to go, not to mention that ISU is struggling this year.
          That is what I was considering. I've been to the Stub Hub site and they did not have a great selection for 5 tickets. The ISU site has some decent seats, but are expensive as compared to what I might be able to find on the street. I agree with you, I can't imagine that we will see much of a crowd that night.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            I will be there!

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=61&calcid=688

Go State!

Comment

The next two games the Jacks will face teams coached by Gregg McDermott and Ben Jacobson, a lot of NCC history with McDermott, Jacobson and Nagy.

Here is McDermott's bio:http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&Q_SEASON=2008

And here is Jacobson's:http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m...son_ben02.html

I always thought the UND teams from 1989 through the early nineties were some of the best NCC teams I've ever seen, second of course to some of the great Jackrabbit teams.

Comment

The game will be televised on Mediacom channel 10 in Brookings.

Comment

Yeah, you won't have any problems finding cheap and decent seats for this game. I'm only expecting 8-9,000 for this game. The students are gone, so you can sit in their seats for I think $10. They are decent seats, on the ends of the court, in the lower/parquet level. You could scalp if you wanted to and possibly get some better seats on the sides, but you might be paying just a tad bit more.

Comment

Getting beat at UNI like you did was not a good sign of things to come. If Iowa State does the same to you, or worse, then you'll know you need to go a different direction. This Iowa State team is not very good by Big 12 standards, and just not very good overall.

They have one outstanding player in Craig Brackins. He was a Top 50 recruit 2 years ago, and is very tough on the inside. One kid, Lucca Staiger can light it up from 3 point range if he is in a zone, same goes for a freshman named Wes Eikmeier out of Fremont, Nebraska.

Other than that, Iowa State is very bland. Awfully slow guard court, that is where you need to do your damage.

The crowd will be small, but the thought of scalping might not be good either if it is cold. The fans know it is a low interest game, and just might "eat" their tickets to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      Getting beat at UNI like you did was not a good sign of things to come. If Iowa State does the same to you, or worse, then you'll know you need to go a different direction. This Iowa State team is not very good by Big 12 standards, and just not very good overall.

They have one outstanding player in Craig Brackins. He was a Top 50 recruit 2 years ago, and is very tough on the inside. One kid, Lucca Staiger can light it up from 3 point range if he is in a zone, same goes for a freshman named Wes Eikmeier out of Fremont, Nebraska.

Other than that, Iowa State is very bland. Awfully slow guard court, that is where you need to do your damage.

The crowd will be small, but the thought of scalping might not be good either if it is cold. The fans know it is a low interest game, and just might "eat" their tickets to this one.
                      Iowa State is a winnable game but don't make it sound like they are a GPAC team.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        Iowa State is a winnable game but don't make it sound like they are a GPAC team.....
                        Agreed!

Midland Lutheran anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          I wasn't making them sound like anyone, chill out. My point is Iowa State isn't very good for a major conference D-I team.

And the reference to Midland Lutheran? I haven't belittled your team, I just know Iowa State pretty well. If someone from USD makes a post that is in anyway taken out of context....SLAM THE COYOTES.

I think USD's schedule is also ridiculous, but so was yours your initial year. All I was trying to do was add insight to your board on Iowa State basketball. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Agreed!

Midland Lutheran anybody?

FILBERT? SOUNDS A LITTLE SMACKY TO ME? YOUR THOUGHTS?

Tell BTown to be a good blogger or you'll have to boot him out. Play nice BTown.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              I wasn't making them sound like anyone, chill out. My point is Iowa State isn't very good for a major conference D-I team.

And the reference to Midland Lutheran? I haven't belittled your team, I just know Iowa State pretty well. If someone from USD makes a post that is in anyway taken out of context....SLAM THE COYOTES.

I think USD's schedule is also ridiculous, but so was yours your initial year. All I was trying to do was add insight to your board on Iowa State basketball. That's it.
                              Don't be so easily offended some of us are a little touchy when it comes to men's basketball.

I agree that Iowa State is not a strong team this year but they have a good coach and should easily handle the Jackrabbits, a team with an rpi hovering around 330 shouldn't give a Big 12 team any problems.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X