X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No New Developments...

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...605110351/1002

From today's Argus.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: No New Developments...

This situation is becoming ridiculous. If the timeline in the Argus is correct the woman claims she was raped on Dec 15, but she didn't file the protection order until Jan 25. If this is true, this is immediately suspect. If someone was raped wouldn't you report it to authorities immediately? Would you wait almost 6 weeks before reporting anything? Meanwhile these 2 players are left twisting in the wind suspended from the team with no charges and nothing happening. Why are they just suspended from the team but not kicked out of school? If the university really thinks this happened wouldn't they be kicked off the team AND kicked out of school. This situation is complete nonsense.

Comment

She filed for a protection order on Jan.25th. UPD's Tim Heaton would not comment on when she reported the alleged crimes. If no charges are filed, I still believe it would take a tremendous amount of courage for either Dre or Mo to return to the SDSU basketball team. They a fine young men and my heart goes out to them. If they indeed made a mistake then justice will be served.

Comment

Anyone know if they registered for classes next year?

Comment

Reminder to all: Do not post speculations or rumors on this topic. Thanks.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1
            This situation is becoming ridiculous.  If the timeline in the Argus is correct the woman claims she was raped on Dec 15, but she didn't file the protection order until Jan 25.  If this is true, this is immediately suspect.  If someone was raped wouldn't you report it to authorities immediately?  Would you wait almost 6 weeks before reporting anything?  Meanwhile these 2 players are left twisting in the wind suspended from the team with no charges and nothing happening.  Why are they just suspended from the team but not kicked out of school?  If the university really thinks this happened wouldn't they be kicked off the team AND kicked out of school.  This situation is complete nonsense.
            Wow. Is it suspect that altarboys in the catholic church wait 10-20 years to tell of their ordeals? They must have all been lying, according to your logic. Fear and shame can be a powerful deterrent.

I think waiting until the 25th to get a protection order gives more credibility to her story--the basketball team was getting set to return to campus after being on the road for all but a few days in January. There wasn't anyone on campus to be protected from--the accused were not around.

This is a big deal, and although everyone would like to know what is happening, be patient and the truth will come out-one way or the other.

BTW, the radio news report I heard this morning said that DNA results weren't back yet. Do you suppose that could be a bit of information the DA would like to have a look at?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
              BTW, the radio news report I heard this morning said that DNA results weren't back yet.  Do you suppose that could be a bit of information the DA would like to have a look at?

SF, the whole story in the Argus that started this thread (1st post of this thread) is about the fact that the DNA results are not back yet.

Comment

Dre has made it public that he is not coming back and there is too many issues around Mo that would make it really feasible for him to come back and play.

Comment

I would think Mo would be back if found to be free from any wrong doing. He's going to be a senior next year. Where else does he have to go?
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

From one of the inummerable internet news sources.  Seems to have a UK theme.  I'm a little suprised that they include the issue in Brookings.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world...779881,00.html

Sex, drink, rape: the fall of college sport

Three athletes are accused of sexually assaulting a black stripper. US campus 'jocks' are now under scrutiny as never before. Is the focus on sport and money eroding academic and moral standards? Paul Harris in Durham, North Carolina, reports

A wave of 'jocks go wild' scandals has broken over America. There have been sex crime allegations against rugby players at San Diego State, basketball players at South Dakota State and against American football players at Pennsylvania State, the University of Oklahoma and the University of Colorado. It is far from an exhaustive list and it is not only men. Last week Northwestern University suspended its women's soccer team after pictures appeared on the internet of a 'hazing' initiation ritual for new members.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X