Hi from Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Tulsa

Just thought i'd set my membership up and get to know some folks on your board since it's looks like we'll be seeing you around in the Mid-Con. It's tough to get too much of a break when your're a young D-1 school, but from what I've seen so far in your programs you guys could be right up there when conference play starts up in November. So Even though it's not official, let me be the first to say, 'Welcome to the Mid-Con!'.

Re: Hi from Tulsa

Welcome to the online home of the Jackrabbit Nation! We look forward to many happy times in Tulsa! ;D
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Greetings and welcome to our board! Thanks for posting.

Go State!

Comment

Welcome vcboy!

Make sure to tell your friends about us too, always nice to hear from some other schools.

Comment

Hey vcboy,
          Any rumblings in Tulsa about ORU pulling out of the Mid-Con?

The rumor was reported on an Omaha sports talk show this afternoon that ORU is pretty serious about leaving the Mid-Con and teaming up with Tulsa to approach the Missouri Valley about membership.

I hope it can be chalked up to mindless talk-radio drivel.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Hi, vcboy!

Welcome to Jackrabbit Nation! Hope to see y'all up in Brookings for basketball. Don't forget to stop at George's pizza after a night of bar-hopping! Trust me on this, my new friend!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
              Hey vcboy,

The rumor was reported on an Omaha sports talk show this afternoon that ORU is pretty serious about leaving the Mid-Con and teaming up with Tulsa to approach the Missouri Valley about membership.

The Tulsa paper just ran a story about this yesterday. Here is a link to the ORU board with the story:

http://orusports.com/talk/index.php?topic=1471.0

Here is all you really need to know from this story:

ORU, with nationally competitive basketball and baseball, would be a great catch for the Missouri Valley.

One problem: ORU may be looking for options but, unfortunately, there's no room in the MVC for the Golden Eagles.

There is a lot of anger and resentment coming out of Omaha, sounds like it might be a case of sour grapes to me.

Go State!

Comment

UNO is just the armpit of a very nice city. I umpired American Legion baseball games in Omaha 3 days last week and one thing you just don't hear is talk about UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
                  Hey vcboy,

Jacksfaninne,

ORU is not leaving the Mid-Con. Our athletic deirector has stated time and time again that we want to help stabalize the league and encourage others to help us make it better. Everything else you are hearing is just plain conjecture by fans and sports columnist. The Mid-Con needed to be revamped to survive anyway. This shakedown should be just the thing to do it. Hopefully the presidents and conference officials can come up with something that is better for everyone involved.

Comment

Ditto to the sentiments in vcboy2000's earlier (first) post.  I've enjoyed the informative and intelligent posts on the ORU board over the last year or so by 89rabbit and others, and figured it was time to visit your board as well.

Good luck to you guys in your efforts to become members of the Mid-Con Conference.  As I said over on the NDSU board, I believe that the commitment to athletics by both administration and fans will make both schools (SDSU and NDSU) great additions to the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by tmh8286
                      Ditto to the sentiments in vcboy2000's earlier (first) post.  I've enjoyed the informative and intelligent posts on the ORU board over the last year or so by 89rabbit and others, and figured it was time to visit your board as well.

Good luck to you guys in your efforts to become members of the Mid-Con Conference.  As I said over on the NDSU board, I believe that the commitment to athletics by both administration and fans will make both schools (SDSU and NDSU) great additions to the conference.
                      Wanted to get my welcome in to vcboy and tmh. Any and all info regarding the Mid-Con is greatly appreciated.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by tmh8286

Welcome to our board tmh8286, I am glad you came over. Thanks for posting!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by vcboy2000
                          Jacksfaninne,

ORU is not leaving the Mid-Con. Our athletic deirector has stated time and time again that we want to help stabalize the league and encourage others to help us make it better. Everything else you are hearing is just plain conjecture by fans and sports columnist. The Mid-Con needed to be revamped to survive anyway. This shakedown should be just the thing to do it. Hopefully the presidents and conference officials can come up with something that is better for everyone involved.
                          That is very good to hear. Thanks for the info.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                          X